Automotive Retail Sales Year End 2019

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
[h=1]Automotive Retail Sales Year End 2019[/h]13 April 2020
desrosiers-WEB.jpg

New light vehicle sales estimates for March developed by Desrosiers Automotive Consultant showed a 48% decline in sales for the month.
The decline in April will be of a significantly greater magnitude. However, it is not only in new vehicle sales where the auto sector will be hit by the economic impacts of COVID-19.
One factor that affects all segments of the industry is the usage of vehicles – kilometres driven. With millions staying at home as a result of closures and “social distancing”, kilometres driven has dropped significantly, and in the process will lower demand across the auto sector as a whole.
The scale of what is at stake is highlighted in the 2019 retail sales data that recently analysed Desrosiers Automotive Consultant.
A few figures
In 2019 retail sales in the auto sector topped $230 billion. Leading the sector, retail sales among new car dealers increased 2.3%, reaching $132.0 billion with most months throughout the year noting increases.
This 2019 figure for new car dealers represents a record high. Growing even faster, retail sales at used car dealers increased 6.9%, rising to $12.34 billion dollars. Retail sales at automotive parts, accessories, and tire stores increased in 2019 as well, rising 2.2% to $10.37 billion.
In the coming weeks, DAC will be updating these forecasts for the various sectors of the auto industry and will be keeping you informed.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was wondering what impact covid was having, 48% decline for auto sales in March, and April likely as bad. My local dealers lots seem very full, thinking factory orders still coming into their inventory and sales not matching.

Would have to think rv dealers getting clipped as well.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very true. I'm thinking the RV dealers must be taking a bit hit. With so many people not working and the lucky ones are are working must be holding onto their money real tight
Was wondering what impact covid was having, 48% decline for auto sales in March, and April likely as bad. My local dealers lots seem very full, thinking factory orders still coming into their inventory and sales not matching.

Would have to think rv dealers getting clipped as well.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I am wondering about is the finance companies, auto and rv related. So many payment deferrals, the cash flow has to be getting tight. How are they for financing the next little while?

Prices of RV's have gotten out of hand as well, many people financing them for 10 or 15 year terms. Almost like loan sharks. They try to trade a 5 year old unit in and they owe as much as they paid.

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"
"Prices of RV's have gotten out of hand as well, many people financing them for 10 or 15 year terms. Almost like loan sharks. They try to trade a 5 year old unit in and they owe as much as they paid."

They owe more than they paid and way more than what its worth​

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"
"Prices of RV's have gotten out of hand as well, many people financing them for 10 or 15 year terms. Almost like loan sharks. They try to trade a 5 year old unit in and they owe as much as they paid."

They owe more than they paid and way more than what its worth​

yeah, on the 15 year loans the payout and value of the RV dont match up till about the end of the 15th year.

johnny cash

Reaction score
Christ some off these guys do a 25 to 30 year payment plan then they can start their own bankruptcy thread,

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spoke to a relatively large ford dealer in Alberta last week. Told me they were down 80 vehicles in March year over and are on target for about 140 less in April.

They are willing to deal. We've been looking for something for my wife and I've never had so many dealers calling me or offering at the levels they are offering at. Work fleet discounts are not even in the same realm right now.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I am wondering about is the finance companies, auto and rv related. So many payment deferrals, the cash flow has to be getting tight. How are they for financing the next little while?

Prices of RV's have gotten out of hand as well, many people financing them for 10 or 15 year terms. Almost like loan sharks. They try to trade a 5 year old unit in and they owe as much as they paid.
Yeah RV dealers are in tough. Covid, poor economy and government saying stay home and don't camp. Perfect storm for those poor f****ckers

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spoke to a relatively large ford dealer in Alberta last week. Told me they were down 80 vehicles in March year over and are on target for about 140 less in April.

They are willing to deal. We've been looking for something for my wife and I've never had so many dealers calling me or offering at the levels they are offering at. Work fleet discounts are not even in the same realm right now.

I'm not finding that with Ram dealers at all. It doesn't seem like any of them are hurting for sales. Or maybe the few i've contacted i've lucked out with idiotic salesman who don't care.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah RV dealers are in tough. Covid, poor economy and government saying stay home and don't camp. Perfect storm for those poor f****ckers

If things get bad enough they will get better for RV dealers as people might resort to living in them.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

maybe I can upgrade to one of them $130 k toyhaulers now for there true value of $40k. There all junk and hard to believe people still pay outrageous money for em.

Top Bottom