automotive industry

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HEY

How many people work for or are involved in the automotive business??

not looking for arguments on bailouts and that stuff, just how are you associated with!

koda9192

Reaction score
HEY

How many people work for or are involved in the automotive business??

not looking for arguments on bailouts and that stuff, just how are you associated with!

I am a parts manager at a Chrysler dealership. Please no arguments i hear it everyday from customers. lol

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
mechanic here

aprentice vw&audi in germany 4 years

now already 3 years here at dodge dealership

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Manage a Transmission shop in Edm. One day I will may own it.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey johnny hows the saturn world??

moved over to GMC back in december Shaganappi GMC (the old Mckay), Saturn will be gone very soon,

JUNE 1st is my bet.....

business is pretty good but the roaches are out, we wrote 82 used deals last month and delivered 42,,,WOW

hows bizz up north??

new cars are on fire this month

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shags a good store i dealer trade with them all the time, what are you doing over there??

biz is getting better up here, any one reading this if your looking for a deal the time is NOW!! the deals are stupid on both new and used.

we still plug along. no better place then alberta!~

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shags a good store i dealer trade with them all the time, what are you doing over there??

biz is getting better up here, any one reading this if your looking for a deal the time is NOW!! the deals are stupid on both new and used.

we still plug along. no better place then alberta!~

Pre Owned Sales Manager... Steve Rayton and Gord Pidde are new car,

then we have the original North Store with Dan Katz, Pete and Kevin

they try and call us Shag Light but not this month we are going to beat thoose fawckers....

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Started in the auto repair trade in 1974. Licenced as a tech in 1978. Quit in 1989 for 10 years to drive transport in Canada and the States. Back into the trade again and currently still repairing cars. Spent almost all of my career at import dealerships and still at one of the westend dealers. I have enjoyed auto repair for myself, but would not recommend it for anybody coming out of high school now.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work for an after market truck accesories company. We build some wicked looking stainless steel add ons. But I can with out a doubt say that things have been very slow.

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i do repair work on the side and im thinking about going for my mechanics licence why do you say that "but would not recommend it for anybody coming out of high school now"???

brucehiscott

Reaction score
I trained as a machinist apprentice in the auto industry trade mostly tool and die. My dad is CEO of a toolshop and metal stamping of quater panels as well as other metal parts in Windsor. It hurts all over that city now,

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Journeyman Automotive Service Technician at the Chev. dealer here,moving to a bigger and better building at the end of May.

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i do repair work on the side and im thinking about going for my mechanics licence why do you say that "but would not recommend it for anybody coming out of high school now"???

I'd say any trade is better than no trade,but if you can get a shop to pay straight time instead of flat rate of have guaranteed hours,it can be tough.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Journeyman H.D. and Automotive technician. Spent 20 yrs in the military fixing everything you can imagine that burnt fuel, and probably some things you'd never imagine, now working for the largest towing company in western Canada running a heavy wrecker when it's busy, and fixing the damn things when they are slow. Would love to meet the clowns that assemble and wire the wrecker units, what an abortion. As long as the Alberta gov't keeps handing out drivers licensce's my job security is good!!

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Licensed Autobody Tech .Since 1995 been fixing other peoples screw-ups and some of mine!!HAHA.

Top Bottom