ATV Trails around Red Deer

davemoore

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help? We are new to the area and are looking for ATV trails hopefully as close to Red Deer and places were we can pick up some maps?

evil

Reaction score
best riding around red deer is in winter when the blind man river is frozen. best bet is rocky,caroline, bearberry anywhere in that area looking at an hour drive to anywhere good. unless anyone has any other suggestions then im all ears.

RobertG

Reaction score
Iv noticed tracks along highway 2a just south of the blindman river heading up along the train tracks, haven't been up there yet due to the lack of people to ride with. If anyone is interested in checking it out with me send me a message

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why do you think you can ride there? I'm thinkin it's private property, ya want a federally to give you some papers for your fine riding choice.

Rabdo

Reaction score
i second that, pretty sure it's private land. if you wanna go riding, unfortunately you gotta drive out to rocky/caroline area. but it's well worth the drive!

showtime01

Reaction score
I have ridden that trail not on the private land but follow the trail at the train bridge on 2a and head west not great riding but pretty good for being 5 minutes from town you can ride along the ditch beside the tracks for along way, I'm sure it probably goes all the way to sylvan lake some cool spots to tent it with the kids by the old wooden train bridge about half hour out, just watch some deep holes most are only 12-18" deep but one is often 30+" deep but all in all like I said pretty good if your looking for a quick afternoon ride.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive ridden the tracks on my dirt bike,, There is a couple good hill climbs and jumps at the Tressels.

South Fork is the closest "outwest" riding spot,, you can be there in 45mins from RD.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your livin in the wrong city! lol ...j/k

Down here in Calgary, we have too many places to ride...haha
45 min from Calgary is our first spot..
and we are so close to the mountains that we have some heart stopping hill climbs that go pretty high.. most are all doable by a good intermedient rider..
Mclean, Ghost, Hunter Valley, Dutch Creek and Crowsnest Pass which is 3 1/2 hrs away...

although not sure now how good it is anymore to ride since the flood of the century!

Top Bottom