ATTAC install on a '98 summit X 670?

summitstef

Reaction score
Down an ole dirt road in a town you wouldn't know
Soooo I'm trying to help out my brother who picked up a '98 summit X. In his haste to pick up a sled before the snow flies, he didn't bother to see if the sled had the DPM, DESS etc.. intact, which, big surprise, it doesn't. So try as I may to be a good brother, I'm trying to help him out. I was thinking of a ATTAC install on this sled which would be the cheapest solution at this point... Has anyone else out there installed one on a sled with round slide carbs?? Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated before I rip my hair out...:rant:

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't installed the attac but I have a templaflo, follow the instructions, I installed mine wrong the first time back in 04 and the instructions have greatly improved. If I remember correctly with round carbs you need to drill a hole into them at some specific angle. Check their site for instructions first see if you want to tackle it. And make sure you use the exact drill bit sizes or the fittings will not fit right

Here is the vacuum source sheet

Last edited:

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried to run a regular variflow on 44mm round slide carbs found I couldent put big enough mainjets in it to get it to run safe. Wound up takeing it off, and jetting it manually.

deeppowtracks

Reaction score
I had a 98 670 replaced dpm with attacc worked great , just get you base jetting good and itl work from there.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can the attac. Setup be installed on a sled with out an airbox? I was looking at the install instructions and it makes no mention of installing on a sled without an airbox

Top Bottom