Athabasca Trails

All In Nytro

Reaction score
Hey there all, new to this area, I live out by the Alpac hiway and looking to go riding but dont know anyone here or any of the trails. So if anyone rides around here and dont mind a tag along every once and awhile, please give me a shout. I ride a UTV Teryx and have been riding sleds and quads for years. 780 865 8069

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey there all, new to this area, I live out by the Alpac hiway and looking to go riding but dont know anyone here or any of the trails. So if anyone rides around here and dont mind a tag along every once and awhile, please give me a shout. I ride a UTV Teryx and have been riding sleds and quads for years. 780 865 8069

well if you can ditch bang it to bapties lake theres some fun trails there. the entrance to the main one is by the west boat launch.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Head past Alpac towards the Athabasca river, you'll run into all kinds of trails and sand. Nice and close to you. Have fun.......

rob350

Reaction score
well if you can ditch bang it to bapties lake theres some fun trails there. the entrance to the main one is by the west boat launch.

Me a bunch of relatives camp on the north side of Baptiste, im assuming your just spelling it wrong? (or is that a different lake)?

Follow township 672 west (it goes past the north side of Baptiste lake), when you hit the T just past the first little bridge go left and it turns into a oil road and slowly into abandoned oil road all the way to September lake. You can play around on cut lines all over.

Past the September lake compressor station (go 2 miles north from 672) you can get onto a nice trail that ends up going past 2 trapper cabins.

From that trail you can even get onto a pipe line and a few cut lines and make it to spotted horse lake.

There is a decent loop around trail (full day ride, probably 10 hours? Maybe 12 for getting a UTV through)

If looking for more info let me know.

BTW, my buddy got his popo stuck GOOD just off the end of a lease road last summer, ended up having a guy drive 100 yards down the cut line with his truck to pull him out.
He said he was from st. Albert, and I think I remember him having a KTM on the back, was that by any chance you Andre?

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just after September Lake if you hang a left that will take you out to hwy 44.

rob350

Reaction score
Just after September Lake if you hang a left that will take you out to hwy 44.

We crossed the beaver dam on the north side of September, and went left on one of the cut lines going west that way.
From their, found a old abandoned lease road, then onto a pipe line, then onto a lease road, and came out by Big Bend compressor station (Google earth tells me that it links up with hwy 44)

Im curious, you have any more info on how you went from September to hwy 44?

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me a bunch of relatives camp on the north side of Baptiste, im assuming your just spelling it wrong? (or is that a different lake)?

Follow township 672 west (it goes past the north side of Baptiste lake), when you hit the T just past the first little bridge go left and it turns into a oil road and slowly into abandoned oil road all the way to September lake. You can play around on cut lines all over.

Past the September lake compressor station (go 2 miles north from 672) you can get onto a nice trail that ends up going past 2 trapper cabins.

From that trail you can even get onto a pipe line and a few cut lines and make it to spotted horse lake.

There is a decent loop around trail (full day ride, probably 10 hours? Maybe 12 for getting a UTV through)

BTW, my buddy got his popo stuck GOOD just off the end of a lease road last summer, ended up having a guy drive 100 yards down the cut line with his truck to pull him out.
He said he was from st. Albert, and I think I remember him having a KTM on the back, was that by any chance you Andre?

no man, I started riding ktm's this year.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your on the right track. Back in the day the big beaver dam wasnt there and it's actually made some of the riding in that area very hard, time to re-locate that beaver dam me thinks.

We crossed the beaver dam on the north side of September, and went left on one of the cut lines going west that way.
From their, found a old abandoned lease road, then onto a pipe line, then onto a lease road, and came out by Big Bend compressor station (Google earth tells me that it links up with hwy 44)

Im curious, you have any more info on how you went from September to hwy 44?

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You may want to check out Myers Lake also. I havent been in there yet but my folks go in all the time. You can pull in an aluminum boat with you and the fishing is great. We are going to take a run in June for a day trip one weekend.

It supposed to be a really nice ride in.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also, if you take the range road on the west side of the highway just after Island Lake General store, follow the gravel road to the end, turn right then follow that and take your first left, you'll go around a pumping station, follow the road and hit the cutlines they go all over the place.

jayinwww

Reaction score

The oil road gives an option to turn left or go straight. Which one do we choose to get to spotted horse lake?

Cheers!

Top Bottom