Athabasca Jetboating

wrivrdawg

Reaction score
Hey you Athabasca Jetboating dudes, may be down in that area next week. Was wondering how the jetboating is going upstream from town. Is there any good camping spots, lodging? How about fishing, any good spots you care to share? Anything interesting to watch out for? Our anual trip north to the Delta/Lake Athabasca has gone up in smoke so we are going to try some southern hospitality this year. Check out the fire maps.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey dawg jetboating up stream from athabasca is good i do it lots there is 5 mile island upstream where everyone stops there is a fire pit and tables from there u can head up to smith or take the lesser slave river if there is enough water to slave lake its a fun day trip i seen u last year in wandering river u have the harbour craft jet boat i have the new outlaw eagle jetboat and i see ur on the outlaw forum too well enjoy the site and see u on the river :d

wrivrdawg

Reaction score
Hey Gotboost, good to hear from you. We're blasting off this morn about 10:ish should be going through Wandering around 1:00. We have a bit of a convoy heading down, Eagle would be proud. Four boats, ATVs, the works. We're going to stay on Lac La Biche and hit some spots from there. Might hit the Atha,B tomorrow or the next day. Going to be around? How far would that run to the Slave river be?

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if u are in lac la biche the owl river is a blast its a very very crooked river u can run up it about 15 miles till u hit a dam quad bridge u cant get under ran it last year what a blast and we went from the lac la biche lake to the mouth of the owl river the mouth of the river is right by the owl river hall and fire deptment make sure u giver thru the mouth last year there was only a foot of water but the owl river had like 10 feet in it and for the slave run i like too say i have done it but every year i run out of water 1/2 way down it hahahaha and when u get to smith u will see the river split and to the right is the slave river have fun wish i was with u guys post some pics of your trips and i hope u run the owl river :d:d:d:d

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is a couple pics of me and my buddy with his sprint boat on the athabasca river on july 1 :d:d:d:d:d

Attachments

• Mariah's b-day 102.jpg
    Mariah's b-day 102.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 253
  • Mariah's b-day 104.jpg
    Mariah's b-day 104.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 250

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Boost....you shuldn't have a problem runnin Slave River....now we have high stream advisories over here.! If we ain't burnin....we're floodin! Crazy Chit Man!

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah no chit well maybe sat i will take a ride up there if i get done polishing the chevelle there a show and shine in grassland on sunday :d

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven"t even had mine out once yet! It'll be out for the Show over here on July 9th thou....we're raffling off a small block Chevy BBQ and all proceeds are going to go to the Slave Lake Volenteer Firemen. Still a go....were running pretty thin and it may not be as big as years past but we want to do something for the town and help out firemen who lost so much! Should still be a good show just the same.

saqqara

Reaction score
Hey you Athabasca Jetboating dudes, may be down in that area next week. Was wondering how the jetboating is going upstream from town. Is there any good camping spots, lodging? How about fishing, any good spots you care to share? Anything interesting to watch out for? Our anual trip north to the Delta/Lake Athabasca has gone up in smoke so we are going to try some southern hospitality this year. Check out the fire maps.

If use Facebook at all, checkout the Athabaska Landing Jet Boat Club - my cousin operates a group up there that posts when they are going out and all sorts of information about jetboating up there.

saqqara

Reaction score
UOTE=gotboost;1185053]yup i know him too[/QUOTE]

Him or them?

And I'm glad its you Catpride is calling a whore, I'm too tired to get all self righteous and offended and stuff.

wrivrdawg

Reaction score
well if u are in lac la biche the owl river is a blast its a very very crooked river u can run up it about 15 miles till u hit a dam quad bridge u cant get under ran it last year what a blast and we went from the lac la biche lake to the mouth of the owl river the mouth of the river is right by the owl river hall and fire deptment make sure u giver thru the mouth last year there was only a foot of water but the owl river had like 10 feet in it and for the slave run i like too say i have done it but every year i run out of water 1/2 way down it hahahaha and when u get to smith u will see the river split and to the right is the slave river have fun wish i was with u guys post some pics of your trips and i hope u run the owl river :d:d:d:d

Hey Boost, made it back; in almost one piece. Ruined cell phone and caught a cold, man it was wet! Was good times though, the mud, the blood & the beer. Tour up the countryside on quads, bikes, sidexsides, the lake with the big blocks. Wish I would have seen your post before we left, I would have tried the Owl river with the SJ. As it turned out I didn't even put it in the water, to many other toys around. We launched at Poachers thurs, in the rain of course. Buddy left the top behind, so we booked it to La Biche river, figured we'd get under something there. The sport got us there pretty quik, fella waves us in and we get under the tarp, what do you know, turns out we know each other from way back. Had a good visit and outlasted the rain.
Got home Fri. and found out an old friend had passed away, so had to burn it back to Grassland Sat. for memorial service. Back at work Sun. That was quite a week. Did you make the show and shine? I'll try to get some pics up when I get a chance.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the car show was rained out sounds like u guys had a good trip just allitle wet :d

Top Bottom