Arctic Cat Groomer Special

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK I know 2 clubs that have them now. Lets get the low down on these units. I think A.C. is onto something here. They have done it before and now doing it again to help small club systems with a less expensive grooming option.
How are they working for you??
Is it a issue with no low range??
How are they are fuel???
Do they turn when needed pulling the groomer???

Attachments

• images cat groomer 2.jpg
    images cat groomer 2.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 207
  • untitledCat groomer.png
    untitledCat groomer.png
    83 KB · Views: 210

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will hopefully be able to provide some answers soon. Dealership got ours figured out and working properly. wonder if it will work on solid ice....:(

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think they will be any trouble steering with the weight of that big four stroke right above the skis. I can report that it starts great at almost -30

my only concern is how effective the drag will be in harder snow conditions. I never asked if weighting it up is something we can do, or if it is not suggested to do so.

Last edited:
  • Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will hopefully be able to provide some answers soon. Dealership got ours figured out and working properly. wonder if it will work on solid ice....:(

The year we got our drag it was already iced up badly. Slow process over and over again till you get thru the ice crust then it will cut alot better. Good luck. With these smaller lighter units its alot of slow passes till you get your base smooth.

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fill the pan with snow or put a couple of jerry cans of fuel and go grooming. Slower is better with cutting icy moguls or all you will be doing is tripping your blades all day. If your tripping your blades your going to fast.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never asked if weighting it up is something we can do, or if it is not suggested to do so.

Don't know about the new Cat one, but we always added weight to the sled pulled drag we used to use before we got a snocat. Quite a bit actually....my fat azz! :rockon:

IMG_1051.jpg

Top Bottom