Apex turbo looking for small mods

JohnBoyTurbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running a 2007 Apex with a MCX rear mount turbo 12-14lbs, Timbersled suspension, Mountain mod seat, Challenger Extreme 162x16x2.5 track, Planning on flashing the computer so I can go to 16lbs.
So I am looking for any other ideas anyone may have to get more power out of it before I have to go to internal motor work. Gotta save a few more bucks before I dive into that. :Ponder:

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do a stage 2 kit, theres a fuel pump, and maping taht needs to be done.. can go around 17 18lbs of boost. need good drivers, and run stright avgas

JohnBoyTurbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I already have the avid drivers.
The plan is fuel pump and the mapping for higher boost.
I am just wondering what there is out there to get the power before I have to go to work on rods and pistons etc.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
17-18 will be enough on a 50/50 blend of C12 and pump prem that you will not need to go into the motor. I likely have 30,000k on boosted 4 strokes without one internal failure and enough power to climb whatever you want to climb.:) IMO the only guys telling you to get rods/pistons are the ones selling them.:rant: My original RX1 got pistons but after that all have run OEM pistons. That sled is likley in the 25,000k range and still running hard. Usually comes down to how you ride and watch the heat.....with your snow to air cooler in the tunnel those systems run very cool compared to the front mounts.... i have both;)
Happy boosting.:beer:
RS

JohnBoyTurbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys I know the obvious thing to do. And I know Randy is right. Just thought there might be a few little tricks someone might want to share to just get that extra little bit besides the 17lbs of boost.:Snowmobile1:

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got a good one.. drop the coatch bag, and strap on the nuts.. thats a good start, and its cheap

Top Bottom