Apex Custom Exhaust!

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey folks! I managed to get a vid up from Dec. 5th at boulder....FINALLY! Short but gives nice playback of the custon twin exhaust can I welded on last fall! Look closely at the top of the snowflap!.....:cool:

[FLV]http://video.snowandmud.com/flvideo/248.flv[/FLV]

ENJOY!
:cool::beer::beer::cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No rear cooler , just a crossover to join the rail coolers. The pipe misses the crossover by a couple of inches!....:cool:

Got the can from CTire, $149.99, couple of swedges to go from factory up to the 2" inlet, and a stainleass braided flex pipe to make the right tansition to exit the rear flap! $180 approx project cost. Woke the beast up somewhat with a slight airbox mod and the can! I'll take some pics for those who might be curious...:cool:!

CHEERS!!!

Last edited:

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pics are always good. My undertunnel glasspack ends just infront of my rear cooler. Which is just behind the seat. Some say in deep snow it is too restrictive but I havent had a problem there yet.

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a few! Still not complete in the rear, as I'm trying to come up with a better looking solution over the hose clamps....:d I used those center threaded rivet to attach the hose clamps and some aluminum "T" brackets to support the front with a U-bolt. You can see where the exhaust clears the cooler crossover by the width of the aluminum angle piece in pic 2, (temp stuck in for display purposes).

I'm open for constructive criticism, suggestions or comments to help finish the project! ..:d... feel free to copy....if you dig it!!...;)

The track looks rough, but I assure you it's not from the build.....just from 4600 km & 3000+ of those, ditch banging!!....2.5" challenger extreme in the books for this summers project !

CHEERS!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5673-net.jpg
    IMG_5673-net.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5672-net.jpg
    IMG_5672-net.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_5675-net.jpg
    IMG_5675-net.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5674-net.jpg
    IMG_5674-net.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_5676-net.jpg
    IMG_5676-net.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 59

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds rad man ! i like what youv done. Comming up with cool ideas and maken them yourself then seeing the end result and have it work good is always very rewarding. I wouldn't want to follow you too close though, could be loud for the guy directly behind you haha.

Helped a friend pull a sled down the mnt with his Rx1 with an exhaust with the guy ridding his broken sled behind, he didn't last 1km, his ears were ringing hahaha.

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here ya go, T-nytro! Use the bar code at Canadian Tire for price and availability.

CHEERS!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5677-net.jpg
    IMG_5677-net.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_5681-net.jpg
    IMG_5681-net.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 66

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey is that Steve taking the video? I thought you should look at a mountain mod seat to replace the stock and clean it up. Other than that she looks good! Buddy of mine replaced the track with a 2.5 challenger extreme and i recommend doing it sooner rather than later if you want to see a drastic change it that apex. Just my 2 cents.:d

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is not the best pic but it shows how the seat is.

Attachments

• SSA50065.jpg
    SSA50065.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 50

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will second the Mtn Mod seat. I had a Boss seat with above tunnel exhaust when I bought my sled. I switched to undertunnel and found a Mtn Mod seat. Huge truck space now!! And it is a high rise seat aswell.

I'll snap some pics tomorrow and put them up.

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey is that Steve taking the video? I thought you should look at a mountain mod seat to replace the stock and clean it up. Other than that she looks good! Buddy of mine replaced the track with a 2.5 challenger extreme and i recommend doing it sooner rather than later if you want to see a drastic change it that apex. Just my 2 cents.:d

Yeah, that's Big Uzeste! Now called scuba Steve, cause he spends the entire day, upside down in the twigs!..:d.. All good though, take him out riding any day! Can't ride with the dead beats who mod the living crap out of their chit, and sit around complaining what a piece of chit it actually is.... Hey Uzeste....;)..!

Track is on the project books for next season, New quad this year was all I put in the budget for....:cool:..!! And probably a seat to clean it up!!
If your in town having a beer with "TOO TALL" be sure he gives me a call !!!

CHEERS!!!!

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For Sure! I work with the big ba$tard. I give him a hard time about his machine and i saw all the pics of him upside down in the trees!

Top Bottom