Anyone used an ez-ryde skid on your M series? Pros / cons / reliability?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone has used an EZ-Ryde skid on thier M-series, I'd like to hear from you. What did you think about the weight transfer, adjustability, ride, reliability, etc? Would you buy it again? Why or why not? I ask because I am updating the skid on my M1000, and am on the fence between it, Kmod, and Timbersled - looking for the best of the bunch - M10 is not an option - too spendy. Thanks for your input.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of those 2 I've heard the kmod is very good on the cats. I've used the racers edge m10 that bolts onto your rails ,and that is a very good option also. I would give daryll a call first, quality and knowledge of his product can't be beat. Three of us in our group have put the exit shock from zbros on our cats and a very happy with it. A lot cheaper than a new skid with good results for getting rid of ski lift.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe message Powderpilot-- I know she put a new skid under her TwistedTurbo M8 last season...

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have had a couple K Mods and they work awesome, good durability and ride. Have a skid with Exit shocks, works well with an OVS wheelie stopper. (Not so good after 240hp) Others I ride with have tried EZ Rydes but couldn't keep the bolts tight in them. Haven't seen the redesigned beefed up timbersled skid, but the old ones had some breakage issues with too light of material/design for some riding styles. Bakers skid mod with the live axle seems to work well from the couple of times I have seen them on the hill. Plus they're relatively local being out of Dewinton.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for your input. Much appreciated.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soooo which one are you buying?
Well, after talking to Deano670, I've decided to modify the suspension mounting points to change the geometry, as I've had the shocks revalved already. I'll keep you posted as to the results.

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what does that consist of and ,what will it do for the sled, does the rear shock get relocated also?

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Kmod with the upgraded Evol R rear shock, Night and Day difference. But I'd be interested to know how your revalved stock skid worked and as well the "new" mounting position that Deano has you trying?

More info please (that means pictures too..!)

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To clarify: Deano didn't tell me to move mounting points - this is something I am going to experiment with, as I know the rear skid is capable of working better. Don't get me wrong - revalving the skid shocks was a huge improvement, but I feel there is better performance lurking in the rear suspension. Bear in mind that what I like, and what you like for "feel" may be two different things. I'm still waiting for someone to build a front suspension kit that will bring ski stance to about 37". I had a 35" ski stance custom built by a welder I knew - he's retired :( on my old s-chassis hillclimbers and loved it.

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am impatiently waiting for my custom Kmod / Zbroz skid combo...talked with Kevin yesterday and my shocks are being reworked as we speak, (they started working on them the day they showed up down there!) can't wait to get it back, Kmod customer service is second to none, and it is really hard to find someone who will say something negative about there product.

Top Bottom