Anyone try or buy a Wolverine yet?

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gonna be in the market for a side by side this fall. The ranger is appealing but so is the Viking. Although everything I read so far on the Wolverine seems positive as a sport utility machine, which is what I'm after.

Has anyone compared the 3, or even just spent time with the wolverine? Our local Yamaha dealer is absolutely amazing so I'd like to buy from them but don't want to overlook the ranger.

Usage will he hunting, camping, and wifey will be using it to run back and forth to the farm.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431572927.939741.jpg

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the Yamaha is a good machine but they are very dated engine wise. I never rode with a Viking or wolverine but if it's like the rhino in any way take the ranger! I had a ranger 500 and my neighbour had a rhino 700 and my 500 was faster and had way more power for in the mud. In the mud and tuff going the wet clutch on the Yamaha don't hold up they burn out easily. Now I got the ranger 900 and I am all smiles on that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna bump this one. I looked at a wolverine last week and was pleasantly surprised. Anyone else got an opinion?

Wemac

Reaction score
Supposedly a new SXS coming according to a teaser video

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

That one looks like more of a sport version though. I am looking for more hunting/family oriented (3 seater bench) that I can still have fun with.

I know that describes a RZR 900 to a tee, but if I spend any money on a side by side, I'll be supporting my local Yamaha dealer. Best dealer Ever.

Guess it's a waiting game.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That one looks like more of a sport version though. I am looking for more hunting/family oriented (3 seater bench) that I can still have fun with.

I know that describes a RZR 900 to a tee, but if I spend any money on a side by side, I'll be supporting my local Yamaha dealer. Best dealer Ever.

Sounds like you need to ease up on that bromance a bit.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That does not describe a 900 rzr! Three seat bench describes the rangers not the rzr.

Sjfries

Reaction score
I bought one two weeks ago in camo for rec/hunting use. This is my first sxs and i've had it out only the one weekend so far but I can try to answer any questions.

So far i really enjoy it. One thing i will be changing to correct my only complaint is adding some type of foam to the edge of the driver door. My knee too quite a beating.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any more to report? How is it for power, ride, handling etc? Any problems?

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yamaha's ad THE MOST OFF-ROAD CAPABLE SIDE BY SIDE WITH CLASS LEADING COMFORT. what a joke the seats look like something out of a early model and they have a steel skid plate and 26" wheels. a rhino with new plastic, CF MOTO has them beat and they have a better warranty

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I've delt with Yamaha in PR a lot... they are a great family run business that takes care of their customers and remembers your name after your gone... it's worth sticking with any business when you get that kind of support... the owner works right along side his mechanics in the back and they are all good guys... i stuck with Yamaha just because i don't service my own machines and i know i can trust them... IMHOP hard to find that kind of a business in todays world...

Top Bottom