anyone modify a challenger lite track

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone modified a challenger lite track for better performance. have heard that you can cut notches in the paddle tips, which makes the track a little more flexable and gets sled on top of snow. questions are which paddles, how big of notches, and does it work?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its every v notch in the lug.... and only go a razer blade width deep.....thats what turbo al from the sled shed said to dooooooo....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its every v notch in the lug.... and only go a razer blade width deep.....thats what turbo al from the sled shed said to dooooooo....

are you saying cut the lug straight down and about 3/4 of an inch deep?
could you post any pictures, as i'm still a little in the dark. thanx

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so each track lug has v notches in it right.... u cut it a razer blade width down the lug at every v.... so yes like 3/4 inch deep..... makes it more like a finger track but still is a luged track too... best of both worlds

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so each track lug has v notches in it right.... u cut it a razer blade width down the lug at every v.... so yes like 3/4 inch deep..... makes it more like a finger track but still is a luged track too... best of both worlds

i'm not sure that we are talking about the same track challenger lite from 06/07 summit. there are no v's in the track that i can see. it has stiffening ridges on the back of the paddles. everything i've seen says to trim the stiffening ridges down.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i modified about 8 right into the garbage.

sorry i had to.

but cutting straight down in 2 spots half inch would help the paddles fold.

some people also cut a bit off the supporting part on the back to help it flex

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i modified about 8 right into the garbage.

sorry i had to.

but cutting straight down in 2 spots half inch would help the paddles fold.

some people also cut a bit off the supporting part on the back to help it flex

yeh, that's what i've heard also, the track needs to flex more, was wondering what tex 88 was saying, think he is talking about another track.
anyway looking to install on a 02 700 summit, thought that less power may let track trench a little less, will find out soon.

Top Bottom