anyone missing a arctic cat

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sure someone had a bad day last week or more, I wont say were the sled is, but incase your arctic cat m8 was stolen please message me. Sled is white no decals boss seat slp pipe and y pipe mbrp can aluminum rear idler wheels with rubber, rear bumper has been lengthend and welded, probably 2007ish ? Also has floats and digitron or race pac on back side of bars. If you left the sled there it has not been found since you left it. Three of us stumbled on it and looks to be all there nothing missing rear seat was open and empty. If this is your sled and it went missing pm me for location

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting story , you find it in the back country or parking lot area ?
Maybe that will give away to much info lol

Sent from my iPhone using while working extremely hard

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled is up on the hill and almost camouflaged with the setting around it engine is locked up, but the weirdest part is there is no track behind the sled so im thinking it was placed there to hide it better?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Sled is up on the hill and almost camouflaged with the setting around it engine is locked up, but the weirdest part is there is no track behind the sled so im thinking it was placed there to hide it better?

Personally, I would have grabbed the VIN, a GPS location, and reported it to the RCMP when I got down. But good on you for reaching out to see if you can find the owner this way too.

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought about checking the vin but I had nothing to write it on or store it in. I hope it turns out to be legit though

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought about checking the vin but I had nothing to write it on or store it in. I hope it turns out to be legit though

Take pic with camera or phone, no need to write it down.

How long did it look like it was there? Day before or weeks? I would call RCMP and let them deal with it.

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it had been sitting there for about a week, i really think it was fine though as it was placed where it sits. no tracks were behind the sled so i think they wanted to keep hidden as good as possible to return later and recover it.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is one of those "bait sleds" we heard about. Maybe it's a good thing you left it alone.

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it had been sitting there for about a week, i really think it was fine though as it was placed where it sits. no tracks were behind the sled so i think they wanted to keep hidden as good as possible to return later and recover it.
I'm confused... What do you mean "placed" there??? Like by helicopter?? How was there no tracks?? Just wondering!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few yrs back we hid a sled after it locked up. Came back two weeks later with a top end, put it back together and rode it out. It happens.
my old zx 'doo had the stator go, we left it way out in hasler and came back with the motor from buddy's identical sled to get it out. no word of a lie, that engine made it 3 miles and his stator went. still 2 bowls back, no way to get it out other than a chopper. minimum 3 hrs at $900/hr....no way I was paying for that, got the stator replaced in my motor at the 'doo dealer in chetwynd, went back and swapped engines a second time and rode 'er out. fun and games....lol

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my old zx 'doo had the stator go, we left it way out in hasler and came back with the motor from buddy's identical sled to get it out. no word of a lie, that engine made it 3 miles and his stator went. still 2 bowls back, no way to get it out other than a chopper. minimum 3 hrs at $900/hr....no way I was paying for that, got the stator replaced in my motor at the 'doo dealer in chetwynd, went back and swapped engines a second time and rode 'er out. fun and games....lol

Ahhhh, the good old days, when you could actually see the motor when you opened the hood. :D

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm confused... What do you mean "placed" there??? Like by helicopter?? How was there no tracks?? Just wondering!

Buddy probably left it there for a while and it has snowed since covering up tracks. Snow will easily melt off a sled after this long stretch of no snow. Would bet it was placed until the owner can get parts and do a hill repair, heck even wait for warmer weather. Best to leave it be and not give out its location to the public.

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry guys i forgot about this post. there were tracks all around the sled. but there was no track/trench behind the sled. it was on a hillside full of dead trees and there was no trail behind the sled. it looked as if they drug the sled down the hill and pulled it back wards to where it was as the track was on top of the snow not dug in like you would think. hopefully he was able to get the parts and fix it as it would be a long day to get the sled up the hill let alone to the trucks.

Top Bottom