Anyone Know How to Get to Camping/Quadding Southwest of Okotoks and in the Mountains?

KCougar

Reaction score
A few years ago I headed out with a buddy southwest of Okotoks for a long weekend camping trip. It was in the mountains, and it was basically just secondary highway into the mountains and then a gravel road with a bunch of turnouts with open areas which people 'claimed' for the weekend for bush camping. There were people ripping around on quads and dirtbikes, however Im not sure if there were trails around or just the gravel roads. I cant remember what he called the area, and it was dark both when we came and left so I dont even have any landmarks to descibe to anyone. All I recall is heading SW from Okotoks. Just a shot in the dark anyone on here knows what its called? How to get there again, and if theres trails in the area? I know its a vague description, Im just hoping it sounds like something someone recognises. Thanks!

KCougar

Reaction score
Thanks Thunder! I dont recall travelling that far south but that could be it. If not, I have a new place to explore. :)

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Indian Graves just south of Longview or Mclean Creek entering from the Millarville way. Both are 45 minutes from Okotoks.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Indian Graves just south of Longview or Mclean Creek entering from the Millarville way. Both are 45 minutes from Okotoks.

Yeah sounds like you were out at Indian Graves. It's not as much of a free for all as it used to be but there's still good riding to be had out there. Also many of the trails were severely damaged in the flood last spring so watch out for that.

Top Bottom