Any hill climbing or open gravel pits around the Edmonton area ?

Raptor5valve

Reaction score
I am from BC and I am mainly into hill climbing and gravel pit action. Bruderhiem is not for me. I just don't like it there.

I went to a an open pit near Wabaman lake recently but they locked me out.

If I cant find some hills, my bike will be coming for sale :( :( :(

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is one out by Long Lake or you can go to Brule sand dunes

Sent from my S4

Raptor5valve

Reaction score
Where abouts ? I've seen the signs on the way to Fort Mac. Do you have any directions ?

Landrew

Reaction score
Vega Sand hills has a few small/medium hills but yes Brule Lake (Just past Hinton) has all the tall ones.

Tecno

Reaction score
North of Bon Accord theirs lots gravel pits with big hills to climb. Follow Lily Lake road north till you come to a T, left then quick right, left at the Y. You cross a tiny bridge just follow that road you will start to see trails on the right and gravel and sand pits on the left.

limited

Reaction score
North of Bon Accord theirs lots gravel pits with big hills to climb. Follow Lily Lake road north till you come to a T, left then quick right, left at the Y. You cross a tiny bridge just follow that road you will start to see trails on the right and gravel and sand pits on the left.

There has been some trouble out there of late. People destroying the owners equipment etc. Heard that someone even threatened the owner with a knife when he told them to get out of his gravel pits. These are private and still active gravel pits, but there are other places to ride around that area.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There has been some trouble out there of late. People destroying the owners equipment etc. Heard that someone even threatened the owner with a knife when he told them to get out of his gravel pits. These are private and still active gravel pits, but there are other places to ride around that area.

Yeah, I've been talking with a couple of the gravel pit owners up there. They're finding themselves caught in a hard place. While they don't want to cut off access to riders, they are pretty worried about liability in addition to the problems that the 10% bad apples area causing for them. Turns out they are equally frustrated with people shooting into their processed aggregate - they're delivering loads to customers that are full of shot and shells.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was there that day and met those kids on the trails. The pit they were in had obvious keep out signs and large trees across the access. They were all stoned and drunk one kid was blabbing about the guy punching him in the face...probably because of the pocket knife.

Gotta teach your kids that land owners usually let you know and make it obvious they dont want you riding on their property.

We have been back since sledding and biking and met people out there that go often with no troubles from the rcmp.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our pits have no trespassing signs and usually fenced, however for most part out here (redwater, thorhild, clyde, etc) u stay away from pits that have equipment and u stay away from finished product piles then its all good. Alota theft in sum areas have owners leary so keep that in mind.

depthcharger

Reaction score

well...there goes another area that wasnt all that well known about, that will get saturated, and likley shut down,. Thanks Tecno????

raptor700

Reaction score
Yes thnx that's awesome.think I'll go out today for a good rip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raptor700

Reaction score
Right on went for a good rip my raptor 700,Honda 500&a Kawasaki.ripped it good for a few hrs.going to Hinton june7&8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom