any fresk at kakwa

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a buddy was out there saturday, said there was fresh but it had all settled out. was good in the afternoon after it softened up, snow on the trail getting skinny and down to the rocks near stinky springs.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks im going up to start tearing out camp on friday,dont know if its worth taking the sled..

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we are going to pull ours next weekend when everyone is around. Glad we put the chains on the bus at the start of the season.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got back from kakwa last night, found a lot of fresh snow but the trail in is very rough.

pics368Medium.jpg

pics359Medium.jpg

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks,how was the road?are they done grooming?
two lakes road was pretty good, only the last 10 kms or so was a little rough. the groomer was sitting at bordertown, I'm thinking it might get one more treatment on the way out. there is a lot of snow on most of the trail, certainly enough to smooth 'er out once more except for a few spots. no one that we met there could tell us if they were done grooming yet.

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard the groomer is only going to run once more this year. Big lack of trail passes purchased this year. I'd imagine the trail will only get groomed from Bordertown out to the parking lot for the guys that have to pull camps out.

Grizzlytwin

Reaction score
How far is the drive in once you turn onto the two lakes road till you unload, then how far in by sled to for example the area shown in the pics?

Comingover form dawson, never been that way yet.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How far is the drive in once you turn onto the two lakes road till you unload, then how far in by sled to for example the area shown in the pics?

Comingover form dawson, never been that way yet.
it was my first time in there as well, took 2 hours from GP to the staging area, and I think it was 25 miles of trail (half "groomed") to get into the alpine. wear a kidney belt

All4Traction

Reaction score
Well, I'm headin to camp tomorrow, then I hope some people are around to go for a ride with on Sat/Sun.

Should have some good snow after this bit of a dump around town.

Reaction score
I was in last sunday and it was snowing pretty good, however, there needs to be about 3-4 more feet before it is worth riding in there. Willows are all still showing and even the creek just before the s turns at the border (crash creek) was a 3 foot drop into the creek. About 2 feet at border town max. At the cabin stil using the step to get to the porch.

Even if youre not religious, start praying or its gonna be mid january before the groomer can make it in there.

My back still hurts

Top Bottom