Any Fishermen?

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was wondering who all fish (spin or fly) and knows some of the lakes around the area pretty good?Looking at Pigeon,Gull,Long Lake,Wabuman anything with a 2hr radius of Fort Sask....i go out for sport only,i have nothing against a person who keeps,but for me i like to get out catch a few fish have a good time and throw them back for another guy.
If anyone has info they'd be willing to give me i'm really appreciate it,i'm not asking for your honey hole just a place i can get out.I don't have a huge boat just a small 12ft jon so looking to stick closer to shore and still catch some fish...Thanks

Last edited:

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They're having tough times but Slave Lake has awesome fishing. within your two hour radius, try Roland on the river campsite.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for trout Carson Pegasus is good, campsite kinda pricey. Fawcett is pretty good. Garner lake use to have good Walleye and perch. Touchwood is good too just watch out for water skiers and Seadooers.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for trout Carson Pegasus is good, campsite kinda pricey. Fawcett is pretty good. Garner lake use to have good Walleye and perch. Touchwood is good too just watch out for water skiers and Seadooers.

i have heard lots of good things about Carson,i would like to try it though but the guy i fish with isn't a fly fisherman so it's hard when i wanna use the fly and he wants to use the spinners.If anyone has fished Carson what did u use for hooks/flies and if so what kinda depth?
I have a few different lines float,intermediate and a type 4,i have only fly fished Muir,but hear Carson has some of the best bows.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can do both. I have fished both from the boardwalk using bells and pickeral rigs at about 15 feet down 20 to 30 feet out. I have used ford fenders and flashers with wet flys and worms, I have also bobber fished in the middle. I have never fly fished but I have seen guys doing from the peninsula as well as the dock at both launches. So whatever floats your boat there are a lot of options.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is alittle off topic but,i just picked up a 4hp and i wanna get it looked over to make sure it is running proper and doesn't need anything...Does anyone know of a good marine mechanic to take it to?..i was thinking Supreme Marine,only place that rings a bell.

BrownEyes420

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was wondering who all fish (spin or fly) and knows some of the lakes around the area pretty good?Looking at Pigeon,Gull,Long Lake,Wabuman anything with a 2hr radius of Fort Sask....i go out for sport only,i have nothing against a person who keeps,but for me i like to get out catch a few fish have a good time and throw them back for another guy.
If anyone has info they'd be willing to give me i'm really appreciate it,i'm not asking for your honey hole just a place i can get out.I don't have a huge boat just a small 12ft jon so looking to stick closer to shore and still catch some fish...Thanks

1 hour 45 from Fort Sask at Floating Stone Lake. Good fishing, perch, jack, white fish and I'm sure there's others I haven't caught! Take Hwy 28 towards St. Paul left on Rng. Rd. 115 all the way to the end at the stop sign then turn right. Before the turn off on 28, there is a sign on the highway before RR 115 with municipal camp ground "Floating Stone". Youcan launch your boat. Lots of good folks out that way too. Just saying... :)

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pidgeon lake is awesome. Few years back my old man and brother were out there with two other guys and caught over 150 walleye with just a jig off the boat. Just get topo maps

mountaincatab

Reaction score
We fish Pigeon just about every weekend, we have a trailer set up out there for the summer. The Walleye and Pike are fantastic. Going to try Wabamum this afternoon.

Darren

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We fish Pigeon just about every weekend, we have a trailer set up out there for the summer. The Walleye and Pike are fantastic. Going to try Wabamum this afternoon.

Darren

When at Pigeon where is a good place to launch from?
Also what bait works best?I know it can change from day to day
Do i need a park pass to fish/launch from any spot?

mountaincatab

Reaction score
When at Pigeon where is a good place to launch from?
Also what bait works best?I know it can change from day to day
Do i need a park pass to fish/launch from any spot?

Because I'm at Ma-Me-O, I usually launch from Mulhurst they have a nice launch and dock. Pigeon Lake Provincial Park also has nice launch and dock as well, you do not require park pass. When you get to the kioswk just tell them your launching your boat and they let you in for free.

All you require is manditory boat license, WIN card and fishing license.

Best bait would be worms, leechs or minnows.

Word of advice, watch your depth finder... although the water level is up this year, there are shallow spots and an Island between Mulhurst and Ma-Me-O.

mountaincatab

Reaction score
Pike were good at Wabamum today, my buddy jammed out on me so I went alone. Caught some decent sized jack, and didn't get rained on. Holy sheet Bogger thats a monster of a boat you have there. Lot's of room for the family eh.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you fish pigion troll mullhurst bay and the bay just north and you should be able too pull in 150 - 200 fish in a day no problem ...

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remember I only have a 12ft jon boat with a 4hp so won't be going to fast or far out.I don't have a fish finder,I have all rest boating and fishing license,win card...just gotta get out there.Gonna get the motor looked at this week I hope to make sure everything is good on it.

mountaincatab

Reaction score
Remember I only have a 12ft jon boat with a 4hp so won't be going to fast or far out.I don't have a fish finder,I have all rest boating and fishing license,win card...just gotta get out there.Gonna get the motor looked at this week I hope to make sure everything is good on it.

Send me a pm when you plan on going, not this weekend though points race at Castrol Raceway this weekend. We could go in my boat if you like, I have a 20' Larson.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mullhurst bay has a boat launch right there....i fished there one year trolled about 100 yards off shore and nailed 150,200 fish in half a day with a few friends

Top Bottom