Any bighorn sheep hunters on here?

donnie

Reaction score
PICT0341.jpg
Just curious how many sheep hunters are out there. Everyone i talk to these days are mainly after deer or elk.
Heres one of mine.

Last edited:

HESL

Reaction score
Im jealous. Looking for a bighorn. Was close last season 3/4 inch shy of legal. Got a dall and a stone but still looking for both bighorns. Congrats.

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been fortunate enough to connect on two rams in the past 15 years. I still can not get enough of the mountains!

donnie

Reaction score
I got my first one when i was 21, 2nd when i hit 26, then had a kid at 27. Worked out pretty darn good. The one thing that keeps me wanting to go back is the mountain scenery. Never know what you are going to find out there.

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you heard of the possible changes coming to AB for the 2013 Big Horn season?

donnie

Reaction score
I kind of agree with the proposals, like having longer wait times after harvest. Sheep shouldnt be hunted like deer. I will not shoot another unless its quite a bit bigger than the last, and i know where there are rams like that on general tag. As long as it doesnt get stupid like moose that is now a 10 year wait in most places, im for it.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think as far as a population decline on these rams a more accessible cougar hunting season is needed for sure. The wait time inbetween is for sure great but still not gonna stop the "unregistered" outfitters takin rams every year for their buddy's and what not. A ram is a trophy of a lifetime and they could stretch that wait time to 5 years IMO.

Top Bottom