Anti Idle Bylaw (Edmonton)

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
So the anti idleing bylaw is being considered by Edmonton City Council again.
Local Story
They haven't stated what this will mean, how long you can run a vehicle, ticket etc.
I'd be interested in hearing the views of memebers living where the bylaw already exists...has it been a problem?

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
in st albert i havent heard of a ticket yet but they do have the no idle law. myself i will see if i get ticketed this winter. when i am doing service calls when it -35 i will continue to leave my truck run. if i get the ticket i will fight it. stupid law. why dont they ticket the mom running her kids around town in the suburban. make your kid walk to 7-11 to get the sugar drink they want. its only a block or two.

tohigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
idle law, thats dum cant see that standing

tohigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so you have to start and go, or can you idle for so long, my truck always idles:rant:

Hylode

Reaction score
This is getting Stupid ! They all say it's a fuel shortage (My A$$) Gas is dropping like a leaf (not a stone ), and we all know diesel is a by product from gas with a little more refining to remove Sulfur and stuff . So if there is gas there should be Diesel !!
The next thing the will be saying we have to take a ticket to change our OIL !!

Our Country is run by a bunch of :Animals3::Animals3::Animals3::Animals3: 'S

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After we pay for the fuel don`t we own it? Shouldn`t we be able to run our car/truck how we choose? After all, we did pay for our share of enviro/carbon tax in the price of the already over priced litre of fuel.....

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe that if you own the truck and the fiel, you should be able to do what you want....but 2-3 days ago came out of the store and 4 Diesels running, 5 gas not +6C. Diesel shorage, does not make much sense to me. If it's -10, giddy up, letter her run. Anything in the +'s come on she don't need to idel.My 2cents.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i personally think its one of the dummer ideas out there...along with all this emmisions crap...they put it on saying you polute less but yet you use alot more fuel with all those restrictions and crap...talked to a guy that sells western star trucks and said they are now putting even more emmisions things on there...same size as what the incinerator is now(if you have seen one) but its some liquid that freezes at minus 12...thye are getting stupid with this stuff...just my :twocents:

steveo

Reaction score
It's all about one thing MONEY and thats it they don't give a shat about anything but to collect on taxes and fines..........they are all a bunch of crooks. I hope i get fined and i will fight it, at -20 or lower my truck will stay running.:realmad:

I pay for the gas and i'll burn it anyway i want to !!! :twocents:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's all about one thing MONEY and thats it they don't give a shat about anything but to collect on taxes and fines..........they are all a bunch of crooks. I hope i get fined and i will fight it, at -20 or lower my truck will stay running.:realmad:

I pay for the gas and i'll burn it anyway i want to !!! :twocents:
They do it for the 10% of people who will stop letting their vehicles run just because it's illegal. People leaving trheir trucks run at +10 while they are in filling their faces because their employer is paying for fuel SHOULD be fined. If you read the bylaw I'd bet that no-one gets a fine if it's -20 out...

steveo

Reaction score
I'm not saying to abuse it ......... it's always government telling us what to do or not to do......... i personaly think it's a dumb bylaw and will probably cost more to draft up and inforce than they will collect !!

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're stuck on the Henday at rush hour ,they got ya.Just have to walk from car to car.But there isn't a rent-a-cop in the city that at -20c is gonna get out of their car ( that is probably running at the Timmie's drive thru ) to give you a ticket...just my opinion though.

RMKRyan

Reaction score
I don't know anything about the proposed law and I'm no environmentalist, but to say "its my gas and I'll burn it how I want" or something of the like is like saying "by driving drunk, I'll only kill myself". Nobody wants to hear or smell your loud diesel rattling all day and night because you want a toasty warm truck. Just because someone pays a few cents in tax doesn't mean they have the right to pollute and annoy to their heart's content.

hecks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Diesels need to be warm up and cooled down, idling is required for longevity of it's life. We all pay enough for vehicles, fuel, insurance, etc.. Cops shouldn't have the time to implement this bulls*!t bylaw anyhow, they have better things to do I hope !!

If you don't like the sound of my diesel, don't listen to it :d

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my diesel, idling is part of normal operational use and prolongs the engines life!!!:ramsfan_small::ramsfan_small::ramsfan_small::ramsfan_small::clap2:

Top Bottom