Another NOOB question...

PGlover

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Last week I posted about taking my 2011 Apex XTX to Valemont... Taking all responses into consideration, I have found a set of used MTX skis, Mountain strap and a 144"x2" track. The track, however is an "every 3rd window" closed track. Can I run this on my Apex or do I "HAVE" to cut out that closed window?

Thanks in advance guys... I'm trying to maximize the fun factor while minimizing the cost factor. If mountain riding tickles my fancy, I will certainly buy the proper gear next season, but for now, I just paid this pig off so its what I have!

Again, thanks! Responses are appreciated. ;)

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have extrovert drivers on the XTX? If not then you dont need to worry about cutting them out. Just as long as it same pitch track.

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, no idea what drivers are on it, just know that the stock track has every window clipped...

Drivers are the sprockets that turn your track (number 6 in the attached pic, from a 2011 M8 Cat). There are standard, and extrovert drivers. The extrovert drivers have the little nubs on them which fit into the windows when the track is turning around the drivers. It allows you to run less tension on the track, without the track ratcheting arount the drivers. If you have extrovert drivers, then you WILL have to make sure that you cut open the "closed" windows.

Pitch is the distance between the windows on your track. Pretty sure the Yammys are a 3" pitch (like the cats). Other common pitches are 2.86" and 2.52". The size of your drivers (7 tooth, 8 tooth) will determine what pitch of track you need, but you should'nt have to worry about that so much. Just make sure that the pitch on your new track is the same as your old one.

Hope that helps!

Tekim :D

Attachments

• 0743-529.jpg
    0743-529.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 117

PGlover

Reaction score
driver.JPG

the pitch is a 2.52", that I've learned... lol... Thanks Tekim, I'll take a look. This is what I found?

Last edited:
Top Bottom