Andrew Scheer new leader of the Conservative Party of Canada

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Conservative MP Andrew Scheer scored a major upset in the federal leadership race, beating out front-runner Maxime Bernier to take the helm of the party.
Mr. Scheer won on the 13th ballot with 51 per cent of the available points to Mr. Bernier’s 49 per cent. Mr. Bernier, a Quebec MP, had led all 12 ballots to that point, but Mr. Scheer benefited from a final push when third-place finisher Erin O’Toole’s support was redistributed to the last two contenders."

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...ership-2019-federal-election/article35125623/

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know a whole lot about him. Hopefully he is a huge upgrade over Truedumb if he gets in next election.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm concerned he won't have the Quebec vote, at least Maxime did (well as much as can be hoped for anyway being conservative). Being originally from Saskatchewan and a Brad Wall fan I still have high hopes for a better 2019. Maybe we get lucky and Junior comes out of the closet and runs off with the French leader lol.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scheer spoke at our local wildlife federation (read: gun club) about a month ago. I wasn't there but the fact that he showed up at this venue tells me a lot - in a good way.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scheer spoke at our local wildlife federation (read: gun club) about a month ago. I wasn't there but the fact that he showed up at this venue tells me a lot - in a good way.
Just read his platform Adam. He is a gun guy through and through. Wants to repeal the UN marking system that is in overtime right now, and take the RCMP out of the gun legislation game which is also good. Hope he can get in and cover us gun nuts butts before the left puts us out of business.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got to be honest, I'm pretty disappointed in the result of this. I think Maxime Bernier would have been a very good thing to the conservative party, I think he could have brought back Quebec, I believe he could have also captured some of the left wing voters. Scheer appears to be very similar to Harper in values, Harper lost the last election why would we try running on the same platform again hoping for a different result?

I really hope Scheer can win in 2019, but at this point I am very skeptical.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After we are done with JTs timeline , people might be ready for a Harper rerun 2.0...
I sure in the hell am ...
I still do not trust a québécois to run Canada , even though I have no reason to not trust bernier...

Time will tell , no one will ever bring back Quebec ..
They have zero interest in helping Canada as a whole ..
They simply blackmail who ever is on power ,in order to get their way ... always have / always will ...
Frankly , we would be better off with out them !

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got to be honest, I'm pretty disappointed in the result of this. I think Maxime Bernier would have been a very good thing to the conservative party, I think he could have brought back Quebec, I believe he could have also captured some of the left wing voters. Scheer appears to be very similar to Harper in values, Harper lost the last election why would we try running on the same platform again hoping for a different result?

I really hope Scheer can win in 2019, but at this point I am very skeptical.
Maxime was claiming he was going to eliminate transfer payments from West to Quebec if he won the pc leadership and still promised to do that in the federal election that province would abandon him and the conservatives would have lost.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The media is already trying to trash Him despite the fact that they know almost nothing about him. They keep saying he's from "the west" and then call him Harper 2.0. The pro-liberal bias of the media is sickening.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scheer is the MP in my riding. Very nice and approachable guy. Well spoken and has got to where he is by not being greasy and hard working. He's represented the area quite well and has gone out of his way to meet with people over the years.

Bert204

Reaction score
After we are done with JTs timeline , people might be ready for a Harper rerun 2.0...
I sure in the hell am ...
I still do not trust a québécois to run Canada , even though I have no reason to not trust bernier...

Time will tell , no one will ever bring back Quebec ..
They have zero interest in helping Canada as a whole ..
They simply blackmail who ever is on power ,in order to get their way ... always have / always will ...
Frankly , we would be better off with out them !

Yeah I think we would be better off without Quebec, but I also think we would also be better off without Ontario quite often, at least Southern Ontario. Ontario and Quebec are always dictating how we live our lives here in the West and telling us how to look after the environment and then they turn a blind eye when an American sponsored group like YtoY try to take our Rocky Mountains away from us. Really people like Shamwow Phillips, and Snotley should be investigated by the RCMP and CSIS for how deep in they are with Environmental Extremist groups like YtoY.

Top Bottom