Amsol INTERCEPTOR® Synthetic 2-Stroke Oil

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use co-op xls synthetic oil

30-35 bucks for a 5 l jug.

Buddy has 7000 miles on a 740 mos motor with that oil.

Sells it self

sent from my htc

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use co-op xls synthetic oil

30-35 bucks for a 5 l jug.

Buddy has 7000 miles on a 740 mos motor with that oil.

Sells it self

sent from my htc

Does it have the VES system? Or is that even an issue? I haven't cleaned mine yet. Not sure how big of a job it is.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
amsoil oil works good, although a few engine builders have stated not to use it, due to it not sticking to engine internals after shut off, i put 4500 miles on an 08 xp and about 3000 miles ona 800 rev. but after reading the builder comments i have started using shell oil, buy enough for the year when crap tire putsit on sale in the fall. i don't think i would be putting my faith into anything co-op like tex, he is a big gambler!!!! to pay for sled manufacturer oils at the price they want is foolish in my opinion, use a name brand top quality oil and do some research.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No his is a rotary valve motor.

But 7000 miles on a mod motor crank is un heard of.

sent from my htc

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amsoil Interceptor or the dominator oil is about 35-40 bucks for a us gallon

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
amsoil oil works good, although a few engine builders have stated not to use it, due to it not sticking to engine internals after shut off, i put 4500 miles on an 08 xp and about 3000 miles ona 800 rev. but after reading the builder comments i have started using shell oil, buy enough for the year when crap tire putsit on sale in the fall. i don't think i would be putting my faith into anything co-op like tex, he is a big gambler!!!! to pay for sled manufacturer oils at the price they want is foolish in my opinion, use a name brand top quality oil and do some research.

The coop oil looks and even smells outa the bottle of doo xls oil.

Has the same specs as doo oil, shell advance ect...

My exhaust valves are clean ect every time I look.

sent from my htc

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The coop oil looks and even smells outa the bottle of doo xls oil.

Has the same specs as doo oil, shell advance ect...

My exhaust valves are clean ect every time I look.

sent from my htc

ya but ya pop the friggin valves so much, especially after a timbersaw burger.

do a hillbilly test on the doo and co-op oil. pour a measured amount of each oil, down a sheet of glass set on a an angle, at the same time, watch how fast they get to the bottom, ya don't need much 50cc or so, if they reach the bottom at the same time, they may be the same oil? co-op oils i think are made in saskabush not sure where shell is made.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get the Amsoil interceptor from my neighbor, been using it on all our two stroke engines for a few years with no issues. The exhaust valves get some hard carbon deposits on them but no gummy build up. If the oil your using meets the specifications set out by the manufacturer you should be good to go.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There isn't a problem with co-op brand oil. Imdoon's comments are mearly personal opinion based on lack of information. Co-op products are made in Saskatchewan, Regina in fact. Like all other manufactures they have certain standards to meet., and that is all the manufactures do... is meet the standard. If there was any question about there fuels, oils and lubricants...Farmers and local businesses and municipalities and R.M's along with a great portion of the province wouldn't be using coop's products in equipment if the product was questionable.

I don't use coop brand 2 cycle oil at this time, because i ride a four stroke. Everthing else that i own or have owned has had coop products in them. i have also tried many differant brands, read the back label and look in your service manual for oil specification requirments.

I did have a 670 summit once throw a crank, at 4300 km....maybe it was the poor grade oil....never know.

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one using it? Is it cheaper than the VES Gold? I paid $139.99 for 2.5 us gal (9.46 liters) last year. looking at other options.

INTERCEPTOR® Synthetic 2-Stroke Oil (AIT)

I have used this oil for years. Top quality all the way. I have never had a engine issue as a result of oil quality. I get a 6 month membership with Amsoil, buy a few cases of interceptor oil (friends help increase the quantity of the order) and I save a pile. Time to do it again. Exhaust valves are always in very good operational state with minimal (normal) carbon buildup. Exhaust valve maintenance is normal and I do not believe there is a perfect oil out there that will provide the required engine lubrication and not require normal exhaust valve cleaning. My $.02.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u can use any oil ya like, usually as long as it is good oil it will be fine. i just do a lot of research or site reading as such, when a engine builder says he has had problems with certain oil there is a reason. every oil made is made to someones specs, not sure what co-op specs are, if ya have had good luck no problem, keep using it, i'll sit and watch for now, there are a few who use the oil, so far it has been good. i used amsoil for a few years had no problems, all the sled manufactures have someone make there oil.

i 'll say use a name brand oil and the best you can afford. use diesel if that is all ya have money for. no big deal.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone!
This is all about price for sure, I hate being bent over when another product that is much cheaper will work as well, maybe better. But I do want an oil that will play nice with my VES. I don't really know how important this is to be honest with you. If its a maintenance frequency issue then I don't care, I'll do the maintenance more to save a buck. If using the wrong oil will wreck the VES system then I obviously have an issue with that as I'm trying to save money not move the money to a different place (replacement parts).

Where can you buy the COOP oil? We have a COOP grocery store (can't imagine its there) and a gas station but doubt they would carry it.

I found an Amsol distributor in Calgary and have sent them an email asking local pricing.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have COOP gas stations, but no hardware stores. I'll check the gas station for price and availability.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found this cross referece chart. Looks like the following all cross over with the COOP Sonic XLS oil.

Esso "Mobil MX2T"
Petro Can "Snowmobile oil"
Shell "Advanced Premium / Advance Snow Ultra
UFA "See Shell or Cheveron products"

PRODUCT GUIDE

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you like the coop sonic, you will have to find a coop bulk station to purchase. I used a couple gallons of it because the sled came with it. Seemed to work fine.
Watch Canadian Tire for the shell product. Always goes on sale in the fall..........5L jug for under $50.
As for Amsoil, have used that too. Also seemed to work fine, but last time I was going to buy, our local guy was charging way too much.

Now with the new sled sitting in the garage, I don't know what I'm doing, I might have to get a few jugs of Poo oil.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't think ya will go wrong with the co-op oil, i would possibly use it also , just haven't looked into it. there was someone on another site that had done some testing on oils a year or so ago. shell oil was rated quite high, co-op was not tested at the time. amsoil oil not sure which now had way to much detergent and was rated lower.

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use amsoil interceptor in my pro, its great stuff its supposed to be more sticky though and have the potential to stick powder valves but it seems like a great oil for the price. will be switching it into my new pro next week too and will continue to run it in my '11.

Top Bottom