Allen Creek---Difficulty??

kdog

Reaction score
I am heading to Valemount this weekend with my wife. She is just getting into sledding and I don't want to take her somewhere that she won't be able to get in, or will get scared and not want to come again. I read on another thread that thre is a waterfall climb on the trail up. Is this true? How bad is it? Thanks for helping me out

sledneck97

Reaction score
Clemina will probaly be your best bet pretty easy trail to take your wife to for the first time. I was down there in april with my wife and took her up to clemina no issues at all and we also went up to allen creek but at that time the trail was'nt too bad. Not sure what it would be like this time of year. You guys will have a blast its a beautiful area.

skidoorider7007

Reaction score
Hi,
my friends and i rode allan on sunday and the trail has a lot
of open creaks and is pretty slippery. If she is a new rider i would not
recomend it for the first ride. I would probably ride clamina, we rode it on
saturday and it was in pretty good condition but really bumpy lots of woops in it.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is how it done,great replies from everyone.I agree,untill they groom the new trail go to clemina.My wifes second year we went up Allen and she has yet to return,got a little freaked.Her favorite riding area so far is the backside at clemina,its fun for us too!
catmando.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone is right. Clemina is a wonderful place to get a person into the sledding scene. Low elevation cabin and easy trails to the alpine to watch you do the crazy stuff

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finn and foam creek in blue river as well as bell in mcbride are also good choices for beginners. My 12 year old road climina last year on his own last year with no trouble.

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree too! Clemina is a great place to go and the trail does not have any large climbs or difficult terrain for her to get up.

Good luck!

P.S make sure she has a shovel and or a radio!

kdog

Reaction score
Thank You guys all the help... we all know that if your wife enjoys it, you will be able to go more often!!! Which is what we all want. Thanks again and we will be at Clemina Fri and probably Sat with a yellow 01 Summit and an 09 Blue/White Summit, if you see us come and say hi. See you all there!

Top Bottom