Alberta to Sask RV Inspections???

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at buying a converted bus/motorhome out of Edmonton but I live in Sask. It is a 1984 Chevrolet Bus Conversion, registered as a BlueBird Motorhome.

Any ideas on how strict the rules are? The guy wants 1500 for the bus, but if I'm gonna have to dump a ton more money into it to get insured through SGI it doesn' really make sense??? It looks like it is in fairly decent shape.

Any advice or ideas would be great
Thanks. BUBS:beer::beer:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I am looking at buying a converted bus/motorhome out of Edmonton but I live in Sask. It is a 1984 Chevrolet Bus Conversion, registered as a BlueBird Motorhome.

Any ideas on how strict the rules are? The guy wants 1500 for the bus, but if I'm gonna have to dump a ton more money into it to get insured through SGI it doesn' really make sense??? It looks like it is in fairly decent shape.

Any advice or ideas would be great
Thanks. BUBS:beer::beer:

BEFORE I WOULD BUY THE UNIT, I WOULD GET THE VEHICLE "SAFETY" INSPECTED AT A "REPUTABLE" GARAGE IN ALBERTA......... LIKE ANY VEHICLE, YOU CAN PRE-PURCHASE A VEHICLE, SUBJECT TO INSPECTION, AND GET IT CHECKED OUT TO MAKE SURE THE STEERING, SUSPENSION, BRAKES, ETC., ARE ALL IN GOOD, SAFE, WORKING CONDITION. OTHERWISE, SGI WILL "NAIL" YOU FOR ANY DEFICIENSIES, AND MAKE YOU REPAIR THEM BEFORE YOU CAN GET SGI INSURANCE COVERAGE...... DON'T FORGET THAT IF YOU DOO PURCHASE THE VEHICLE AND IT DOES NEED REPAIRS, ALBERTA HAS NO "PST"............ JUST MY 2 LITTLE SENSE(LOL).........:d:d:d

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BEFORE I WOULD BUY THE UNIT, I WOULD GET THE VEHICLE "SAFETY" INSPECTED AT A "REPUTABLE" GARAGE IN ALBERTA......... LIKE ANY VEHICLE, YOU CAN PRE-PURCHASE A VEHICLE, SUBJECT TO INSPECTION, AND GET IT CHECKED OUT TO MAKE SURE THE STEERING, SUSPENSION, BRAKES, ETC., ARE ALL IN GOOD, SAFE, WORKING CONDITION. OTHERWISE, SGI WILL "NAIL" YOU FOR ANY DEFICIENSIES, AND MAKE YOU REPAIR THEM BEFORE YOU CAN GET SGI INSURANCE COVERAGE...... DON'T FORGET THAT IF YOU DOO PURCHASE THE VEHICLE AND IT DOES NEED REPAIRS, ALBERTA HAS NO "PST"............ JUST MY 2 LITTLE SENSE(LOL).........:d:d:d

Thanks Summitric, I didn't know you could do a pre-purchase and get an inspection, I always kinda thought you just had wing it and hope for the best.
I think I've decided to pass on it anyway though. Wait until I actually need the RV rather than just buying it because it's a good deal.(That and my newlywed wife gave me the "do whatever you want" speech with a less than thrilled tone)
If you know anybody looking for a smoking deal on a bus in Edmonton let me know, he wants 1500 for it, and I'd bet a beer you could deal him down some more.
Again Thanks for the advice.
BUBS :beer:

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Summitric, I didn't know you could do a pre-purchase and get an inspection, I always kinda thought you just had wing it and hope for the best.
I think I've decided to pass on it anyway though. Wait until I actually need the RV rather than just buying it because it's a good deal.(That and my newlywed wife gave me the "do whatever you want" speech with a less than thrilled tone)
If you know anybody looking for a smoking deal on a bus in Edmonton let me know, he wants 1500 for it, and I'd bet a beer you could deal him down some more.
Again Thanks for the advice.
BUBS :beer:

I hate the "do whatever you want".........why do they all do that??????????

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate the "do whatever you want".........why do they all do that??????????

I got it again today...said I was gonna go fishing this weekend instead of staying home to visit with her Grandma who is coming Sat. afternoon and leaving Sunday morning.

"Fine go fishing, do whatever you want"...
I guess I got the greenlight to go fishing, she said I could???
What do ya think? HAHAAHA

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the all clear to me :d

Though if I were you, I would seek a second opinion.

Top Bottom