Air intake systems - 06 rev

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I told my son that I would purchase a Hot Air Elimanation Kit and a Pre Filter Kit for his 06 800 Rev. Just wondering what opinions are out there on what type of kits Rev sledders are using??? I have been looking at Frogzskin, Timbersled and SLP. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Billy Boy:cool:

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't think there is a need for them in my opinion.
i did drill 2" holes in the side door to create air flow to keep clutching cool
got 1400 miles on my last belt still not worn out just time to replace i think.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree never had any problems with mine either, i think the Timbersled kits were more suited for the RT1000.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the timbersled cold air kit works deadly on the rev ,buddy of mines 04 flat out hauls only if he could ride it.....

grahamkomada

Reaction score
XXXMODRODS.com
Have slick vent kits, with pre filter on both clutch side vents. And the fit is amazing.

I also have the timbersled intake kit and my 827 hauls ass.

Even more so after i add a GO FAST button this year

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I told my son that I would purchase a Hot Air Elimanation Kit and a Pre Filter Kit for his 06 800 Rev. Just wondering what opinions are out there on what type of kits Rev sledders are using??? I have been looking at Frogzskin, Timbersled and SLP. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I have a 06X, best bang was a DJ clutch kit, float the secondary. If I was doing it again I would go with the frog skin stuff. I have the Dootalk guys panel/hood vent. Very strong, held up very well. But I like the look of the frog skin stuff. If his is a non "X" save your money on the intake system, it's not worth it IMO, RT1000..U bet but not the 800. Just upgrade to a "X" intake and horn. Bigger and flows better. I think the one off a 07XRS was the best if I remember right.
Pull off all the foam on the inside aswell!

clintonk

Reaction score
I have a REV and I had all the vent kits and venting necessary to eliminate hot air under the hood. But I always found my air intake would get iced up, even with a SLP prefilter sock around it. At times my sled would bog because the intake wouldn't get the air it needed. If you ride in a ton of powder like I do, you will definitely want to get the SLP intake kit. It makes a world of difference if you ride in deep pow all day, 3-4ft.

Ski-Doo - High Flow? Intake Kit REV 800 H.O. & 800R - Starting Line Products

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I agree with the SLP High Flow Kit, i also installed a clutch side panel vent from Jcscustomvents.com to get rid of the clutch heat.

Attachments

• IMG00145-20100728-2049.jpg
    IMG00145-20100728-2049.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 117

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies folks you have given me lots of info to mull over.

Top Bottom