AFE intake 08 f350

SRJD

Reaction score
I just installed and afe cold air intake in my 2008 f350 and the check engine light came on wien i retrieved the codes on my edge chip it said somethign about particulate filter thrust efficency.........any ideas???

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
most of the AFE's throw codes, they let to much air in past the sensor and it throws a CEL.

how do you like the edge what kind of fuel milage are you getting? i was warned to stay away from it because it dumps to much fuel and will kill the DPF.
sry for jacking the thread

SRJD

Reaction score
ya im not going to worry about the afe too much i know like you said most of them do that and with the edge well i learnt with my last truck i am only going to keep it in economy mode so right now i have 30,000 k on it and its a 100L tank and im getting about 610km to the tank so we will see how much the afe helps

firecatab

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your getting 600+ kms to the tank? WOW I can hardly wait to get to 30k mark if that is the case. If I can afford the fuel to get there. I have the same intake no codes or anything but am getting around 400ks/tank with 12k's on the truck

SRJD

Reaction score
when i first bought the truck it had just shy of 20k on is and i was getting 400 to the tank somtimes even less in the city then i put the chip in and hardly at all knowticed a difference but once i got in the high twenties and 30s the milage really improved i wasnt to happy at first but now i cant complain getting that many to the tank with the lift and all

SRJD

Reaction score
there is the edge juice with attitude wich you have to hook up under your hood and the edge evolution wich i got you just lug it into your computer under the driver steelerwheel and it has a really nice pod that mounts on your dash i beleve i paid 600 but it you go on the internet you can get it for cheaper. It helped my fuel milage quite a bit cause i keep in on economy mode and as far as warrranty goes it will void your warranty but there is a very easy way around it you just return it to stock mode and unplug. Some people say that the dealership can tell but i used to run my 05 on performance mode with a bullydog and i blew my head gaskets and lots of other things with the engine so i unplugged it and got it towed to ford and they had no idea so it was all under warrenty

SRJD

Reaction score
hey firecat ab i see your from airdrie i actually live in airdrie too

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im runnin strait stock height and tires with a super chips Cortex and im gettin 18.5 to 19.5mpg hand calc on the highway.
waranty, well dont get caught with the chip in ford will void it in a second.
400bux for the Super chips

i love it it wakes the truck up big time on the top end, it didnt help much with the lag off the bottom though.

0 to 60mph in race setting 4x4 15-18psi boost 6.1seconds it will throw any thing u got on the dash clear into the back seat lol.
matt

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is the edge juice with attitude wich you have to hook up under your hood and the edge evolution wich i got you just lug it into your computer under the driver steelerwheel and it has a really nice pod that mounts on your dash i beleve i paid 600 but it you go on the internet you can get it for cheaper. It helped my fuel milage quite a bit cause i keep in on economy mode and as far as warrranty goes it will void your warranty but there is a very easy way around it you just return it to stock mode and unplug. Some people say that the dealership can tell but i used to run my 05 on performance mode with a bullydog and i blew my head gaskets and lots of other things with the engine so i unplugged it and got it towed to ford and they had no idea so it was all under warrenty

You need to research this better I too have a 6.4 and previously 3 6.0's the computer for the new engine is a whole new animal way-way-way more capable for data logging and recording engine parameters. Disconnecting batterys will not erase info anymore. If the 6.4 had a dumber computer I would be all over a programmer or chip. People who chose to program are seeing as much as 4-7 mpg increase with a DPF delete and reprogram only.(See you at the pump!)

.08rider

Reaction score
I put the Banks air kit and cool duals as well and added the Hyper tech tunner and milage went way up. I have 50000 kms on her already. With the banks air kit alone I seen an increase of about 4 mpg, I dont think the duals did much but they look cool, Banks is setting to bring out there 6 gun in the spring for the 6.4, I had it on my 05' 6 liter and it rocks! my opinion Banks is the only wat to go.

Top Bottom