Aero charger on skidoo xm thoughts?

Jasken555

Reaction score
Just wanting to get some info on the aero charger turbo on the xm thinking of doing one or a tss on a 2016

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not the Boost it system? He currently has snow check pricing on. This system is amazing and the fuel controller TSS uses is from Boost it?

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aero charger works very well. We're actually dialing one in this weekend in Mcbride. Worked very good today. A few more tweeks here and there and it'll be great.

sledneckx69

Reaction score
Give Mountain Magic a Call. They have something flashy using AreoCharger.

2nd that!!! I'm running the low boost kit from them right now, gonna kick it up next year. If you want something that works great and just as he says it will, of coarse you'll pay for it $$$$$$, than he has the kit for you! Over 500km trouble free, runs like stock, no lag, bog or dead spots. But don't take my word for it, meet up some time in the hills, and I'll let the sled do the talking!

After lots of reaserch and consideration, here's my take, condensed version! Why not run the kit that the manufacturer helped develop and uses on their race sleds. The turbo has no oil pump, oil reservoir, or oil lines. As well as the snow to air intercooler, although I'm not totally sold on the science behind their design, has no water pump, water lines, or water reservoir, and is not totally useless like an air to air on a sled. All this adds up to less parts and less thing that can fail, be installed incorrectly, and try to find if and when they do fail. The price and turn around on warranty and repairs on the turbo its self can be discouraging, but at the end of the day, that's about the only part on the kit other than the fuel controller that can fail. One last thing, there's a few things Mountain magic does that may make their set up work a little better than others with the Aero kits.

MC Xpress

Reaction score
I have 2 leftover aero kits. Freshening up inventory. Will blow them out for $5900 CDN. That's a grand off retail not to mention the price hike this year from US dollar hike. PM for details, both kits new in box.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every impulse nytro I have seen has had a boost it box installed. Why is that?

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

"If" tuned properly you can't beat a stand alone system with the tuning options you can do. But I have to say the boost it boys know how to tune with there piggy back boost it box from everyone I've seen on the hill and would be the only piggy back system I would try. Just my .02$. I've tried couple aerocharger xm last year and wasn't all that impressed but they were not tuned properly being boggy off bottom. I've seen boost it pros on mountain and they sound clear start to wide open.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nytros are old tech, impulse on etec is standalone fuel controller, no more looking and touching anything, it takes care of it all.. Can't beat that

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nytros are old tech, impulse on etec is standalone fuel controller, no more looking and touching anything, it takes care of it all.. Can't beat that

Werent they supposed to be complete standalones too? Not trying to start a pissing match or anything. If they work good now then that is great. I still like having the ability to tune if you do need to. Havent needed to on my TSS but nice to have the option.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the nitro impulse, but the mcx kit we have on our nitro the controller has adjustments..

As for fuel controllers when we went to Colorado we staged first day at 11500 feet, the carbed sleds would not even make it out of the trailer till we rejeted them, prior to that trip our last trip was Revy.. At much lower elevation

had a few aero kits that ran flawlessly in Revy, but down there out of the trailer they were pig rich and not able to build boost.. After numerous fueling changes we got it close and every day after needed some adjustment as ambient temps changed..

the impulse kit never missed a beat there and ran solid 12 a/f all day everyday.. We all took turns riding them all and it was quickly brought up that the best fuel controller is one that controls itself..

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have the updated controller for the aerocharger Fred? I thought they were supposed to adjust for altitude and temperature now? At least that is how the boost it controller works from my experience, and from everything that I have heard. Definitely nice not to have to adjust things. But nice to have the option if you do have to.

And like I said, I definitely dont mean to bash impulse products. Just remember them being marketed as a complete standalone that couldnt be adjusted, and didnt need to be. Then heard people adding the boost it system to get them running right. Maybe they have improved things since then. Im just always leary of marketing. Thats why I come on forums to gather real world experience. I find they are often two very different things! I remember trying the first boondocker etec kit that was "ready for market". Oh my goodness what a pig. It pulled insanely hard on top but was almost unridable in the bottom and mid range.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So true, no my Aerocharger fuel controller is still the same one from back in 2011 kits, I have heard since then they upgraded a intake temp sensor, and a new fuel curve, but don't know about altitude.sensor. Last time I talked with brad, he said they were working on that..

also back in 2011 ran the trask kit, it was same charger as what TSS had used but the kit was different, we tried running the aero fuel system and could not make it work decent, had taken sled to TSS to fix.. They swapped some parts around and gave back with boost it box and a big bill, said they tested it..We could never get that figured out and they said it worked for them.. Owner took turbo off next season and all was good again.. So my only boost it exsperice back then was short lived, seamed there was a lot of adjustments that could be done

another buddy bought a Boondocker in 2012 and like you said, it was a pig for a stand alone system, burned it down a few times and ride ability was not where it should of been, but I was on another this last year and it ran ok, but seamed hp was limited..

Hopefully try in hook up this year and you can try it out first hand, have another buddy that went with the boost it kit this year, he was out with neil last year and said it ran very very well, hope snow is decent this year, and go your direction.. We went a few years back west of cranbroke and riding was great, but never rode around creston..

Do you have the updated controller for the aerocharger Fred? I thought they were supposed to adjust for altitude and temperature now? At least that is how the boost it controller works from my experience, and from everything that I have heard. Definitely nice not to have to adjust things. But nice to have the option if you do have to.

And like I said, I definitely dont mean to bash impulse products. Just remember them being marketed as a complete standalone that couldnt be adjusted, and didnt need to be. Then heard people adding the boost it system to get them running right. Maybe they have improved things since then. Im just always leary of marketing. Thats why I come on forums to gather real world experience. I find they are often two very different things! I remember trying the first boondocker etec kit that was "ready for market". Oh my goodness what a pig. It pulled insanely hard on top but was almost unridable in the bottom and mid range.

Top Bottom