Advice on hand held GPS for ATV

alandbonnie

Reaction score
I have been so frustrated trying to find my man an excellent hand held GPS for quadding. One requiring coordinate inputs, downloading maps, easy to use, tracking , routes, etc.
I have had so many different products that now I am confused, Magellan, Garmin, Xplorenet, anyone with sound advise on what is the best/easiest to use, I have only 10 more shopping days....Help

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Garmin seems to be the most popular, easy to use, most maps and accessories. 60 c seems to be one of the most popular, lots of memory, and connects to computer.
you can buy cheaper units, and some with a little more flash, but these seem to hold up well, and you can get the attachments for it.

note, you get what you pay for.

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been so frustrated trying to find my man an excellent hand held GPS for quadding. One requiring coordinate inputs, downloading maps, easy to use, tracking , routes, etc.
I have had so many different products that now I am confused, Magellan, Garmin, Xplorenet, anyone with sound advise on what is the best/easiest to use, I have only 10 more shopping days....Help

Go to GPS Central they are a company out of Calgary,great prices and fast shipping.You can compare different brands there.

Here is the link /http://www.gpscentral.ca/

N0fx_oo

Reaction score
Garmin 60CX is the best i ve used so far and this is my 3rd GPS. Never loses signal, battery lasts a lot longer then other units, submiresable good for quading, hunting. Every review I have read on it said it was one of the best, but it costs around 380.00. I would pay it again if I had to. Good luck.

Black08Brute

Reaction score
I have the Colarado 300 from Garmin and it is real easy to use. I also bought the Alberta topo Map on the SD card and never been disappointed.

Top Bottom