Addition of a Hardware Firewall to reduce spam

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We added a hardware firewall to our system to cut down on the spam that we have coming in from some countries,
this will eliminate certain countries from even being able to see the site as any members we had log in from these certain countries have all been spammers.

If you notice any issues please let me know as we implement this system.

Thankyou
Ron

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The firewall is not running yet they want to get it set up in the wee hours of the morning. They may be doing on Sunday night as it will take 4-5 hours.

Some ISP's may have blocked this ip as we had an email address compromised then it sent out thousands of emails. I applied with all the blockers to remove the blocks and it should be completed shortly. Refresh your browser.

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Cannot block every spammer overnight. We blocked several countries and we still have more to go. The image only blocks the spam bots not actual people. The only way to keep them away is block ip's. A country like china has hundreds of thousands of IP's to block. Software firewalls cannot block this large amount of ip's. Larger sites require more security. As your more recognized by search engines you are more recognized by spammers and hackers.

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
was hoping this acct was real

first few pages of your new member accts is riddled with spam accts... theres nothing in place here to stop from siging up and going straight to posting links or pm'ing spam chit

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
was hoping this acct was real

first few pages of your new member accts is riddled with spam accts... theres nothing in place here to stop from siging up and going straight to posting links or pm'ing spam chit

So this means your going to volunteer to assist us in going through and verifying ip addresses on 35000 plus people?

Open Season

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why am I haveing problems moving within the site since this hardware upgrade. I keep getting data base errors

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Why am I haveing problems moving within the site since this hardware upgrade. I keep getting data base errors

Please email me a screen shot if you get an error, the firewall would completely stop you from seeing the site at all, it would block you from the server.

Open Season

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry Ron I couldn't figure out how to insert the print screen in an email. I don't have trouble getting to the forum, only trying to open threads. That's when I get this error message. data error.jpg

Top Bottom