AB Beach Snow Drags

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how did everyone do?

Going to blow my own horn as I am damn proud.

My Crossfire 600 EFI took a second in the first heat of 600 stock. Automatically into semi. Didn't like the short sticky belt I was using and switched to a longer harder belt. First belt was awesome to 500' but didn't give the sled the legs it needed for 660'. In Semi I took first, automatic to 600 stock final where I finished in first place.

In 600 Improved semi I lost to the guy I beat in 600 stock and was eliminated. Goes to show that he who gets the light or is geared right for the track, just might win. It was close.

Big surprise of the day was my good old 2002 ZR 800 EFI. I had considered this being the last race for it as I cannot compete against the newer/lighter sleds. Some of these XP's are up to 100Lbs less than me, and more HP. I had done some tweaking and changed some clutching. Well, myself and a few others got a big surprise....first heat I took a second, beating a new Crossfire R 800 and an XP 800. On to semi finals where I took first!! Automatic to final. Man, the ZR was on fire!! Came out of the hole amazinlgy fast! In the Improved 800 final I got the worst lane (of course) but finished a respectful fourth for the day, about 1/2 sled behind an XP. For the record, my engine uses stock head. I have midly ported my own cylinders. Bore, stroke and pistons are stock. Run a single pipe, and a can for racing only (saves 11 pounds, negligable performance gains). I'm very proud of the ZR and had a great day.

AB Beach puts on one of the best races.

Can't wait for the next race.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow!... you should be proud, sounds like you did Very Well... Finishing that well with both machines ;) :beer::beer: My older brother had an '01 ZR 800 carb and the thing ran real strong until it got run over by a truck. Great machine.

Was that sticky belt a 020? I run an 031 on my F6 and it has been awesome.

As I said before, I'd love to join you at some of these races. I went to the Whitecourt ralley this weekend with a couple of friends and our kids.

Congrats on your success :beer:

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
congrats on your success at the races. its a nice surprise when your old equipment surprises you like that. unfortunatley i was working out of town and was unable to go watch but kudos to you!!!

MrMotoSki

Reaction score
The drags that day were great and thanks are due to the organizers. 176 races in 5 1/2 hours is being organized.
Don't give up on the older sleds though.
Since they didn't have 700 mod this year we end up running 800 mountain with our 1996 670 HO racers edge sled and won the final. Surprised a lot of 800 boys.
Our 2006 polaris IQ went to finals in the 600 snowcross which was a real close race against the new lightweight cat's. Just happy to make the top 4.
We also ran vintage and won the final with our 85 formula plus. This is always a fun class.

You need to go to Lac La Biche & Wetaskiwin, it's all fun just as long as you can race.:d:d:d

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The drags that day were great and thanks are due to the organizers. 176 races in 5 1/2 hours is being organized.
Since they didn't have 700 mod this year we end up running 800 mountain with our 1996 670 HO racers edge sled and won the final. Surprised a lot of 800 boys.
Our 2006 polaris IQ went to finals in the 600 snowcross which was a real close race against the new lightweight cat's. Just happy to make the top 4.
We also ran vintage and won the final with our 85 formula plus. This is always a fun class.

You need to go to Lac La Biche & Wetaskiwin, it's all fun just as long as you can race.:d:d:d

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing.:beer:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow!... you should be proud, sounds like you did Very Well... Finishing that well with both machines ;) :beer::beer: My older brother had an '01 ZR 800 carb and the thing ran real strong until it got run over by a truck. Great machine.

Was that sticky belt a 020? I run an 031 on my F6 and it has been awesome.

As I said before, I'd love to join you at some of these races. I went to the Whitecourt ralley this weekend with a couple of friends and our kids.

Congrats on your success :beer:

Thanks Scott. 020 for the ZR. 044 is sticky for the CF but stock is the 036.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
congrats on your success at the races. its a nice surprise when your old equipment surprises you like that. unfortunatley i was working out of town and was unable to go watch but kudos to you!!!

Thanks! Get those springs put in yet?

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how did everyone do?

Going to blow my own horn as I am damn proud.

My Crossfire 600 EFI took a second in the first heat of 600 stock. Automatically into semi. Didn't like the short sticky belt I was using and switched to a longer harder belt. First belt was awesome to 500' but didn't give the sled the legs it needed for 660'. In Semi I took first, automatic to 600 stock final where I finished in first place.

In 600 Improved semi I lost to the guy I beat in 600 stock and was eliminated. Goes to show that he who gets the light or is geared right for the track, just might win. It was close.

Big surprise of the day was my good old 2002 ZR 800 EFI. I had considered this being the last race for it as I cannot compete against the newer/lighter sleds. Some of these XP's are up to 100Lbs less than me, and more HP. I had done some tweaking and changed some clutching. Well, myself and a few others got a big surprise....first heat I took a second, beating a new Crossfire R 800 and an XP 800. On to semi finals where I took first!! Automatic to final. Man, the ZR was on fire!! Came out of the hole amazinlgy fast! In the Improved 800 final I got the worst lane (of course) but finished a respectful fourth for the day, about 1/2 sled behind an XP. For the record, my engine uses stock head. I have midly ported my own cylinders. Bore, stroke and pistons are stock. Run a single pipe, and a can for racing only (saves 11 pounds, negligable performance gains). I'm very proud of the ZR and had a great day.

AB Beach puts on one of the best races.

Can't wait for the next race.

Great to hear that you did so well ZRrr. Now I know why you always kick my butt goin down the trail! We'll give you a pm next time we are going to GT. Perhaps I need AC parts instead of Ski-Doo parts on my POOlaris!:confused:

TrailCrusader

Reaction score

Good job with the 670 and F-plus.

Top Bottom