A little video from our trip this week down in Idaho with Bret Rasmussen

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool vids! Looks like tough snow to ride in though for tree riding. Tell Colby he has a future in logging in vid 3 from me Chris. Lol.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure glad we brought Colby along or Bret would have been bored waiting for Jim and I. Sure we rode all the same hills and trees but at the speed Bret took them, only Colby could keep up and keep Bret challenged. The snow was actually pretty good, it was just so much steeper than the GoPro lets on.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah GoPro rarely does the terrain any justice. Looks like a good time:beer:

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good videos Chris! Great trip and I had fun.....mostly except for a few moments (you know which ones). It really was steep and many times intimidating trying to keep up. Kudos to Colby for his great riding and thanks again for the help getting unstuck, not easy at 9 to 10 thousand feet! For anyone considering a ride with Bret Rasmussen, I HIGHLY recommend practicing steep sidehilling and steep descents prior.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Summit bound, it is working as it is set to shut off sled at or above engagement rpm e.g. around 4000 rpm. Since he was sliding downhill he did not have high enough rpm's for it to shut off. You can adjust this setting but want it like this so you can hop off your sled at idle and it stays running. I've got them on my sleds and love the ease of the Phantom vs messing with a corded tether. Well worth it!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been considering buying one of these Teth Air's. On the last Video at 4:06 doesn't seem to be working ?

We are running the new Phantom Teth-Air's. If you allow the RPM to drop below your desired setpoint (We set at clutch engagement) you can leave the sled and it will stay so in this case it worked as predicted. If you see the video where Colby goes down a hill and removes his hand, just the RPM's from the back shift are enough to keep the engine turning fast enough for a shutdown. The beauty of this system is it is completely user selectable on how it is set up, including delays and the roll-over switch delay. The Phantom comes with a small infrared remote control to change any desired settings.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good videos Chris! Great trip and I had fun.....mostly except for a few moments (you know which ones). It really was steep and many times intimidating trying to keep up. Kudos to Colby for his great riding and thanks again for the help getting unstuck, not easy at 9 to 10 thousand feet! For anyone considering a ride with Bret Rasmussen, I HIGHLY recommend practicing steep sidehilling and steep descents prior.

Jim. be proud we went nearly everywhere Bret and Colby went. Maybe a bit slower but we got there!

Top Bottom