98 zr 500

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
picking pne up tomorrow just woundering what the good and bads about these machines? I had a 97ZR580 a few years back and loved it so its a little less power but still enough,its a short track but will be getting a 1.6" or 2" lug put on probaly next winter or summer project just seeing if anyone has any insight on this model.I had been told at one time that cat messed up at the factory and the ZR500's were beating the 600 i think it was the 98's that would be nice lol.

greenlightning86

Reaction score
I have had one of these for 7 years. Great little machine. They are fast for there time and did beat the 600's in a race.I have had no major issues with mine. Just the normal things for an older sled with lots of miles like rebuild top end, and rebuilt rear shock. I'm curious to see if you could fit a 2" track in. I think the biggest that will fit without rubbing is a 1.5". But overall you should be very pleased with the sled.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
test rode it and didnt like it seemed to be a bit weak thing it needed the motor opened up for a top end and the a arms were bent on the right side so it wasnt as chreey as was told and it had 3000 more miles then was told also so I walked away wait till next year maybe snow check a new firecat

Top Bottom