98 RMK hard to start

dieselmech

Reaction score
My 98 rmk 600 is very hard to start when cold it takes anywhere from 4 to 10 pulls to get it running and is very smokey when cold and a little when warm. It seems to run good once warm and starts easy it has lots of power and hits top speed pretty quick. It also fouls the plugs after two or three runs I know it is running very rich and would like to know how to adjust the carbs.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get yourself a good owners manual or shop manual.
What do you have for compression? Start with that first
Pull the carbs off and give them a good cleaning, as well check your reeds and reed cage. For any defencies
Also check your fuel lines and return lines to see if they are brittle.
If everything checks out after your carbs are clean, you should be good to sync your carbs and giver chit!!!

More than likey, I would say your due for a new top end. jmo

dieselmech

Reaction score
I havent checked compression but i think its good cause its not easy to pull over like it would be bad. I think the carbs just need a good tune up but im just looking for some help I will definatly look it over good before i take it out this season. When i bought it the guy said it just had the top end done weather or not it did or didnt though I got it for a good enough price but its most definatly a pig on fuel.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like Trashman says...check you carbs. Check what jets are in it. Make sure it's jetted correctly for your elevation.

Attachments

• Capture1.jpg
    Capture1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 104

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did u put the black box in the box??

Cause sask isn't 6000 plus feet. Lol

sent from my htc

dieselmech

Reaction score
I think that i will clean them up this season especially cause it sat all last seaon with out running cause there wasnt enough snow to take it out.

Top Bottom