96" crosstrax sleddeck

LimaMikeMike

Reaction score
looking to order a crosstrax sled deck for my Shortbox Ram in the newyear, anybody got any pics of a longbox crosstrax deck on a shortbox Dodge? I'm thinking the 104" will be too long to tow with. If anyone wants to chime in with opinions--giver.

I have a 18" DSP long shank WD hitch so that will help.

The deck will be used for a dirtbike and a SXS (RZR 900), possibly a sled in the future.

Thanks in advance.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have you thought about using the deck extension?
2013-11-12 19.47.13.jpg

LimaMikeMike

Reaction score
have you thought about using the deck extension?
View attachment 181301

I have thought about that. The extension is 18" plus the 85" so that basically brings me to a 103"deck almost the same as the 8'8" deck. The Rzr won't fit on the short deck so the extension would live on the deck 24/7. I want to take the Rzr with me when I tow so why not just get a long deck and save a bit of cash?

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it would kinda suck to drive around with RZR on deck 24/7. I had mine on my deck a few times. it sure was nice to unload it from truck. I think you would be inviting someone to steal your truck or rzr. might be better resale on a shortbox deck with extension.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 7 ft deck on the 6'-4" ram short box and it hangs out past the bumper by 4-5" even with a long shank wd hitch 14" + the head I can still hit my holiday trailer even with the sides all the way in if you have a long hitch on the trailer and a trailer profile that sweeps back with out coming forward it might work
keep in mind that an 18" shank in most cases will derate your allowable tongue weight of the trailer
as well the hitches on the ram trucks are know to be of poor quality and break (up to 2012)

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a long box cross trax deck and there's no way the legs would fit into a short box truck unless you could get one custom built for your application.

Studder

Reaction score
We have a Crosstrax deck with both long and short box set up. Crosstrax custom built. We have no complaints yet. Really like it. Had Rzrs to 174" on it. Yes with the short box and the longer deck you might have to use a hitch extension on some short hitched (enclosed)trailers. Through dips or sharp corners one must watch alittle, but most newer trailers have longer frames/hitches now. You do need to check distances when hooking up. But you'll like your Crosstrax whatever length you go and great to deal with.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried that a few times and went away from it. Was nervous loading, almost rolled my machine one in the slippery rain. Also doesn't pull great with a hitch extension. Look at an SxS or UTV riser that goes above the cab. Keeps center of gravity lower, easier to load and no extension required. Highly recommend this over hauling with the deck. My 2 cents

LimaMikeMike

Reaction score
thanks for all the replies,

I looked at the crosstrax double d or the box riser, doesn't really allow me to take a rzr and my dirtbike, kinda a one trick pony.

I'll probably get a short box deck and build extensions. Hopefuly I`ll winch the RZR up to avoid any accidents.

Top Bottom