93 550pantera

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
picked this unit up for the daughter as a non runner. has great spark and runs if you pour fuel into the cylinders. have power at the injector and injectors show resistance in them. throttle position sensor seems to work as resistance varies as it is operated. however cannot get unit to run. any ideas? how hard is it to install carbs?

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fuel pump I have one sell it cheap that might fix it , pm me I will get the part # when I get to the shop make it will all work out :cool:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fuel pump I have one sell it cheap that might fix it , pm me I will get the part # when I get to the shop make it will all work out :cool:

you can hear the fuel pump kicking in and out. and there is pressure at the injector rail. not sure how much though.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so heres the dealy. injectors were just sticky gave them a tappy tap and i got spray. woohoo. put everything back together and pull. woo hoo running. finish putting together. pull and pull. check now i have no friggin spark wtf.
unit was running 2 mins before. arrrgghhhh.:realmad::rant:
ecu is flashing a 4 code? not sure what that is?
the wires and the coil looked really chitty and the wires were rubbed through and taped. so i cut before the rub marks and replaced both ends. had spark installed plugs no runny pull plugs no spark.
always had lots of spark before i got the fuel back into the eqaution.

friggen arctic scrap:realmad::rant:

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does it have a round or square kill switch , round kill switch unplug the chasis wiring harness not the ecu harness or cdi harness it should have 4 wires on it pull it and there should be spark , square kill switch you have to put a jump wire on the 4 wire plug coming out of the crank case hope this helps and if there spark the problem is sum where else I hope this make sense :cool:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So tonight got home pulled off tank and seat and dumped all old fuel out looked at all wires behind tank what a mess. Heh when these two bare ones touch something is clicking. Touch them together and pull woohoo got spark again. Tied wires together and reinstall plugs. Put seat and tank back on. Put some fuel in add a little oil as unit has very littl in tank and who knows if the pump is working. Don't want to blow the engine if it runs. Pull rope putput pull again comes to life woohoo. So unit runs now. Not sure how well as I had no hood on it and just using booster cables for power right now. And its dark don't like riding in the dark as it is let alone without a light. But I did back it out of the shed and drive it back in. Doesn't idle down right away yet but injectors could be a little sticky still. But it appears that I got it figured out. Thanks for the help trollcat. Oh yeah the 4 blink code was the sensor on the throttle body heaters I think. Seen it was unplugged from before and once I found the wires and plugged them in the code went away.

Oh yeah wtf are the only broken wires on the whole machine also the shortest friggen wires on the machine.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fuel injector cleaner , tighten thottle cable so the safety switchs are'nt screwing with the spark :cool:

Top Bottom