800r

vertical

Reaction score
I am having trouble with my XRS again! Brand new motor at start of season with only 400 miles on it, it is bogging at 5500 to 7000.If you keep tweaking the throttle or ride WOT it runs good.It also idles okay. PTO side plug is fine, mag side is black and quit oily. anybody have any ideas? I am thinking it is going south on me again. Heading to Mcbride in 2 weeks need to solve problem soon. am going to do compression test tommorrow nite:confused:

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They turned the oil pump up to high and i think it might be fouling your plug. I got 800 miles on mine and still the original motor. I have also put around 4 or 5 bottles of nitrous through it and not a hick up. Im running on chicker 2. The other thing to look at is the vacum lines on the rave vales. Maybe the one rave valve is not opening all of the way cause the hose is screwed or leaks or is not connected.

vertical

Reaction score
have turned oil pump down,it uses just a little more then the XPs

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is actually specified ways to set up your oil pump.. Is the hose on the front of your oil tank have oil in it?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am having trouble with my XRS again! Brand new motor at start of season with only 400 miles on it, it is bogging at 5500 to 7000.If you keep tweaking the throttle or ride WOT it runs good.It also idles okay. PTO side plug is fine, mag side is black and quit oily. anybody have any ideas? I am thinking it is going south on me again. Heading to Mcbride in 2 weeks need to solve problem soon. am going to do compression test tommorrow nite:confused:

I am starting to have the same problem. It just started the last few rides.
seems to sputter at lower RPM but WOP its fine
RPMs hold at 8200 when climbing on clicker 4 and 159 track X package
about 800miles original belt and engine
as well yesterday riding the deep in fernie when I made some big pow turns in the flats and rolling hills as I turned right all good full throttle and power then I would dip back to the left and the sled was at 90degrees to the ground each turn it would sputter loose power and of course now im stuck and the sled is sitting on its side. why am I losing power or maybe its the fuel when its gets to 90degrees.
any help

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am starting to have the same problem. It just started the last few rides.
seems to sputter at lower RPM but WOP its fine
RPMs hold at 8200 when climbing on clicker 4 and 159 track X package
about 800miles original belt and engine
as well yesterday riding the deep in fernie when I made some big pow turns in the flats and rolling hills as I turned right all good full throttle and power then I would dip back to the left and the sled was at 90degrees to the ground each turn it would sputter loose power and of course now im stuck and the sled is sitting on its side. why am I losing power or maybe its the fuel when its gets to 90degrees.
any help

Are you guys running the pre filters on your air intake filter? Do you have a pipe on your xrs? If not you actually want to run it at 8400 on your tach cause the tach is out by approx. 200 rpm.. I would drain the fuel out of your carb bowls and see if there is any water in them.. And also actually check on the mag side of carbs that the main vacum hose from crankcase is hooked up to the solenoid. And check alll the other lines for your raves,as well as the raves the m selves.. We had a few last year that the raves actually got all gummed up and stuck, that will hurt performance and make them run strange at times also..

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you guys running the pre filters on your air intake filter? Do you have a pipe on your xrs? If not you actually want to run it at 8400 on your tach cause the tach is out by approx. 200 rpm.. I would drain the fuel out of your carb bowls and see if there is any water in them.. And also actually check on the mag side of carbs that the main vacum hose from crankcase is hooked up to the solenoid. And check alll the other lines for your raves,as well as the raves the m selves.. We had a few last year that the raves actually got all gummed up and stuck, that will hurt performance and make them run strange at times also..

thanks for the input
I have a 2007 Sumitt X159 800R
No i do not have a prefilter, I need to get one for sure. I have stock pipe and MBRP can. and to get the RPMs up I turn the clicker down? It seems to over rev on the trail have you heard any one mention this before. so I make sure I pay attention, maybe thats why a few guys blew them up.
thanks again for the help

vertical

Reaction score
checked compression 115 pto side 110 mag side.rode yesterday seems to get better after about an hour. will have to pull valves and check lines. compression seems a little low for basically new motor.:crying3:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the input
I have a 2007 Sumitt X159 800R
No i do not have a prefilter, I need to get one for sure. I have stock pipe and MBRP can. and to get the RPMs up I turn the clicker down? It seems to over rev on the trail have you heard any one mention this before. so I make sure I pay attention, maybe thats why a few guys blew them up.
thanks again for the help

I would definitely get a prefilter and the mbrp cans suck inthe mtn's. They are built for flat land. IHave you had your primary clutch aprt to check the rollers, cause doo had a real problem with them seizing up last year. I've also seen thern wear out really fast on the '08's.. The lower the number on your clickers the lower you'll rev.. Do you know where racers edge shop is in calgary?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
checked compression 115 pto side 110 mag side.rode yesterday seems to get better after about an hour. will have to pull valves and check lines. compression seems a little low for basically new motor.:crying3:

Yah for a fresh motor that does seem a littlew low, but oin the same token how many miles have you put on the new motor? It might not be fully broken in yet either.. When you did your comp test did you have the throttle held wide open?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would definitely get a prefilter and the mbrp cans suck inthe mtn's. They are built for flat land. IHave you had your primary clutch aprt to check the rollers, cause doo had a real problem with them seizing up last year. I've also seen thern wear out really fast on the '08's.. The lower the number on your clickers the lower you'll rev.. Do you know where racers edge shop is in calgary?

MBRP not good in the mountains why is that. I think that is one of the more common cans I have seen on REVs.
where is Racers Edge, maybe I should go for a visit.
I am at clicker 4 now and if I go to 5 that should give me the 200 rpm you mentioned.
thanks again for the input
any contacts down at the EDGE?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yah.. We do alot of business with them. Do you have quick clickers on your sled yet for adjusting clicker position?? You want to try and keep it around clicker number 3 or 4 for best clutch efficency.. I'll find out racers edge number for you.. The mbrp has the wrong restriction in it for the mtn's., They'll actually lose power in th hills. But they work good for flatland.. And the fact that the stainless steel radiats a ton of heat when hot.. The likes of our cans that are ceramic coated dont radiat hardky any heat, and proper restriction in them for the hills..

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
which cans do you guys make I know I have heard the name before, how much $
I thought i read some where last year before I bought my can that MBRP is one of the only cans to not loose power at altitude, didnt gain but did not loose. How do you test or dyno a sled at 9000 feet? where do these #s come from.
thanks again

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From testing wit hmany different ones. The first part of the year my boss heads to the hills with a couple of sleds and a truck load of parts to test, we also test alot of different stuff all thru the year..Our cans we have made for us to our spec's and they come ceramic coated for $329. We've heard of alot of people havingthere mbrp cans for the xp's rubbing on chaincase, tabs breaking off and melting side panel and stuff like that also..

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From testing wit hmany different ones. The first part of the year my boss heads to the hills with a couple of sleds and a truck load of parts to test, we also test alot of different stuff all thru the year..Our cans we have made for us to our spec's and they come ceramic coated for $329. We've heard of alot of people havingthere mbrp cans for the xp's rubbing on chaincase, tabs breaking off and melting side panel and stuff like that also..

what s the name of the company

Top Bottom