800 Intermittent Bog at 6000-6500 RPM

Gregb

Reaction score
Have about 650 miles on it and it started the day before yesterday bogging every once in awhile at 6500, i'd shut it off or just stop for a bit and it would usually be good but on a really long climb it would start to bog or sometimes just bog and not get up to RPM. Not sure the cause, if it was snow getting in, then it should have bogged right from the start. Any ideas?

Thanks,

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had the same issue. i talked to my dealer and they were concerned about the can i had put on the machine so they gave me a new cutler can for it and hasnt done it since. are you running the factory can still?? oh and i also grendaded my seconday the day after i changed cans. one bolt on my secondary backed itself out and sheared all the bolts off and left me stranded in eagles pass! lol so i was also thinking that when the bolt backed out it wasnt shifting properly so it might have been puttin extra tension on the belt and causing the engine to bog. dont know if thats the case but thats what i was thinking caused it.

Last edited:

Gregb

Reaction score
had the same issue. i talked to my dealer and they were concerned about the can i had put on the machine so they gave me a new cutler can for it and hasnt done it since. are you running the factory can still?? oh and i also grendaded my seconday the day after i changed cans. one bolt on my secondary backed itself out and sheared all the bolts off and left me stranded in eagles pass! lol so i was also thinking that when the bolt backed out it wasnt shifting properly so it might have been puttin extra tension on the belt and causing the engine to bog. dont know if thats the case but thats what i was thinking caused it.

I am running the sled shed can and have about 400 miles on it and this just started. What bolts were coming out of your secondary? I had a friend who also piled up his secondary so maybe I will pull that off and have a look at it. Checked the rollers because i had heard there were issues with them and they both seemed good. If there is no problem there maybe i will pull and check the reeds. Did you ever try putting your old can back on to see if that was the problem or if it was the secondary?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its the little whitish plastic peices by the rollers that come loose. Its the small screw on the back side of the clutch that holds em on. on the 2010 and 2011 have had several sleds that took out a reed or two. I run jaws cans on all my M8's and havnt had a single issue at all, no bogs whatsoever.

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running the sled shed can and have about 400 miles on it and this just started. What bolts were coming out of your secondary? I had a friend who also piled up his secondary so maybe I will pull that off and have a look at it. Checked the rollers because i had heard there were issues with them and they both seemed good. If there is no problem there maybe i will pull and check the reeds. Did you ever try putting your old can back on to see if that was the problem or if it was the secondary?

it was the four bolts that hold on the helix to the clutch plate.sheared all four.never put the stocker back on but it seems to work great with the cutler can. talk to your dealer aswell as their will be another bulletin coming soon about clutch alinment. i think the secondary has to be shimmed in a bit or something not sure tho. the shop did it on mine and i havent lost a belt since

Gregb

Reaction score
Sounds good, thanks guys. I just got my new belt from cat in the mail as well as a letter for an extra yr of warranty.

Top Bottom