800 etec will start but wont REV whatsoever

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today i was i installing a c3 powersports post forward mod, which required me to basically tear the front of the sled apart. In the process of putting the sled back together something happened..

Started the sled after it was all reassembled and started fine and ran fine, no codes or check key. But go to hit the throttle and nothing?? :confused:

Throttle moves and the throttle body opens and closes letting air in but no reaction from the fuel side of things.

Anybody ever experience this on their etec?

Only 2 things that were unplugged were the sensor on the airbox and the tether..

Could it be a loose connection on the d.e.s.s ? I was also reading if the throttle on the etec is sensed to be a bit open upon start up, it would move? It's not open that i can see but could it be open down the line?

Any help is greatly appreciated here guys, thanks in advance.

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ensure your tether is connected properly, had a buddies sled that the tether was loose on. Sled would start fine but would not rev, once he ensured his tether was on properly, sled has ran fine since.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the etec has a throttle safety switch aswell. if the throttle is pressed any more than the idle position the sled will not rev up. ensure the throttle cable is working properly and is not pinched somewhere and that the throttle safety is in proper working order. i dont know where the switch is exactly if its in the throttle itself or in the throttle bodies.

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies max and popsicle.. keep the info coming and ill go and do some troubleshooting tomorow.

P.S With the C3 mod the sled feels much better and much less awkward. Can't wait to try it on the snow with my new timbersled and z bros!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies max and popsicle.. keep the info coming and ill go and do some troubleshooting tomorow.

P.S With the C3 mod the sled feels much better and much less awkward. Can't wait to try it on the snow with my new timbersled and z bros!

the C3 mod moves the post forward an inch or so? So this would be similar to the 2012 freeride post position then corect?

good luck hope its something easy

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Moves the post forward 3 inches on an everest and and x. I believe it is 1.5 inches ahead of the freeride and xrs.

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of while i was doing it.. Ill snap a pic of what it looks like finished tomorrow since i forgot today, and you can see the difference.

Attachments

• IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 346

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well today i went to my sled, unplugged the dess and plugged it in making sure it was secure. Then i wiggled the key just for fun and pulled the cord making sure my hands were off the throttle. Sled started first crack (love the etec!), and the sled ran normal and responded normal.

So i dont really know what i did to fix it but the sled is fine and run now!

Waiting on my timbersled which should be here next week same with my front shocks then bam! Sexy and time to hit the hills. :beer: ;)

Anyways heres some pick of the post forward and my sled getting closer to being finished.

Attachments

• IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 315

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
r u keeping the console unclipped. I dremmeled mine out a bit and it clips in.

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's all clipped in.. Took a bit more trimming than i would have liked, but it worked out. If it doesn't looked clipped in its just the pic.

vpfuelman

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
if the computer sees more then 5% throttle at idle it will not rev ,so you have to check if the throttle cable is loose or to tight

peck

Reaction score
I was in stuck in the trees (in a tree) and rolled it over to get it out when I started it I couldn't get any RPM's. I remembered reading this thread, shut off the sled cleaned out the snow from the throttle started it and away I went. Glad someone passed this info on because it saved me a lot of WTF time.

Top Bottom