700 sportsman

dirtydodge

Reaction score
Hey all, i have a 04 700 sportsman and the dang thing always seems to NOT go into gear , either way , pain in the $%^#$$ . I have heard that this is common and that the clutch needs shim(s) . The shop wants a couple hun to fix it .. If this is what is wrong ???? Has anyone done this to their's or know how . I could do it but don't know how . :rant: Any help would be great

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Hey all, i have a 04 700 sportsman and the dang thing always seems to NOT go into gear , either way , pain in the $%^#$$ . I have heard that this is common and that the clutch needs shim(s) . The shop wants a couple hun to fix it .. If this is what is wrong ???? Has anyone done this to their's or know how . I could do it but don't know how . :rant: Any help would be great

Could your troubles be a linkage adjustment on the shifter ?? All my bikes are older than yours & I had preform adjustment to everyone over time.

dirtydodge

Reaction score
I have checked the linkages , i think they are where they should be but always worth 1 more look .
Thanks , always help needed with some stupid thing :D

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
I have checked the linkages , i think they are where they should be but always worth 1 more look .
Thanks , always help needed with some stupid thing :D

The shifter has got to be near exact... just a bit out one way or the other & problems going into gear. If this is your case then with patience you should GetR'Done.

Top Bottom