700 FI - Fuel Mapping

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So as per some previous discussion on the subject of re-mapping the fuel injection on the 700, the experience to date has been to increase the fuel from the factory setting of "0" to a maximum of "129".
Riching the mixture to the max has been reported to potential increase horsepower by 16%. I have tried this and "YES there is a noticable difference, but with some adverse effects on idle to 1500 rpm range, (stalling, over fuel sputter).

My question is:

Has anyone gone the other way and leaned it out? I realize the risks involved in detonation, but am thinking of mixing 25% C-111 with premium and giving it a whirl at around the -10 to -20 range and see how it does.

If anybody has tried it, I sure would like to hear the results.

KOBY

Rhino-Virus

Reaction score
700 Rhino/Grizzly - Have not done anything myself. From what I read the best whay to know what is going on as not to destroy the engine, you need to add an exhasut Bung and place an oxygen sensor & Oxygen gauge to truely know. This is the best way to monitor engine mods and adjust fueling/mapping.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be messing with re-mapping without the addition of a air/fuel wideband like an AEM UEGO 30-4100. Once you have one of those installed tweak all you like, but apart from that you are grasping straws and potentially doing harm to that engine.

Cheapshot

Reaction score
Website
stxscr.proboards30.com
I've leaned mine way out, richened it way up. I never really noticed that that much of a difference. When I bottomed it out it didn't really seem to pop that much more or anything like that. I don't know, the consensus on Grizzly Central, from what I've gathered is, is that it only effects the first 1/4 to 1/3 of the throttle position, and nothing after that, so you'd be exceptionally hard pressed to burn up your engine I'd think. I dunno, I've run mine for a whole day on 87 octane leaned right out and I'd say there wasn't any danger of burning it up. I've also run it @ 129 with nothing concrete to report. I suspect Elevation might have something to do with it as well.

For some reason or another, though something kind of resembling trial and error/ trying to interpret the SOPD (Seat of Pants Dyno) mine is set in the neighborhood of +60

if for some reason you blow your bike up trying what I said its on you though ;)

Top Bottom