7 ft Sled deck, commander

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if I can get a commander on a 7 ft sled deck, or do I need to buy an extension

cementfist27

Reaction score
Rule of thumb maybe...I have a 2014 Maverick XMR with 32" Silverbacks. It just fits on my ATV trailer which is 8'6". Keep in mind that my tires hang over the front and back of the deck...Hope this helps!

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it does work it will be veeerrrry tight I would think. Remember bigger tires and bumpers take up more room than most people realize.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buy yourself a tape measure

I have lots of them,but I want to go pick up a commander. No idea of its measurements or if the wheelbase may fit but the bumper wont allow it to fit. Thanks for inputting your wisdom.

I have seen a couple pics of them loaded sideways as well. maybe that will work

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have lots of them,but I want to go pick up a commander. No idea of its measurements or if the wheelbase may fit but the bumper wont allow it to fit. Thanks for inputting your wisdom.

I have seen a couple pics of them loaded sideways as well. maybe that will work

I googled it yesterday and I think the wheelbase is 6'4" so you might just have to talk a dealer into letting you try it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure a sales man will hold the end of a tape for you if it meant a sale. I got a dodge long box and my ranger 900 the rear tires sit on the tail gate when it's in the box. The commander is pretty close to the same size maybe a bit shorter so I would think it would be very tight to fit up there. If one strap came loose you might have serious problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see your in gp if you where closer I would offer to build you an extension and ramp that would work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had to load mine sideways and that is even stupid

I've done this as well when I brought it home from the dealership... Never again

Do yourself a favor and buy a SxS ramp for the back of the truck instead of a deck.

Adren-junkie

Reaction score
I've done this as well when I brought it home from the dealership... Never again

Do yourself a favor and buy a SxS ramp for the back of the truck instead of a deck.
image.jpg
Don't see a problem with it. Need an 8' deck though.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
7 ft deck with extension and 2014 wildcat trail at 9 ft. Couple other pics I found.

Attachments

• IMG_0993 (640x536).jpg
    IMG_0993 (640x536).jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0941 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0941 (640x480).jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0942 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0942 (640x480).jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

Adren-junkie

Reaction score
and 10' UTV ramps.... And if you're towing a trailer you need a hitch extension... I've done both methods and a SxS ramp is much better IMO.
I use the telescoping ramp from the deck & pull my TT with no hitch extension. Works fine & I already have it & use it for my sled. If your getting something just for your sxs then by all means get a ramp, but why would I make things more complicated than they need to be.
image.jpg

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the telescoping ramp from the deck & pull my TT with no hitch extension. Works fine & I already have it & use it for my sled. If your getting something just for your sxs then by all means get a ramp, but why would I make things more complicated than they need to be.
View attachment 188001

No issues when your maneuvering around with that set up? I would like to do that with my maverick but thought I would clip the front of the trailer.

Adren-junkie

Reaction score
On this trailer it is very close, my Old trailer there was lots of room. I guess it depends on the trailer.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On this trailer it is very close, my Old trailer there was lots of room. I guess it depends on the trailer.

X2. I couldn't do that on my trailer! I dented the front of mine, turned a little too sharp. Glad it works on yours, cause it sure didn't work on mine. Thus the reason for the SxS ramp...

Ya I used my sled ramps to load my SxS for a bit too, until they bent when loading...

Top Bottom