670x bar risers

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I have 2" bar risers on my 1998 summit 670x and I need to go higher. I am 5'10" and i am thinking of 7 or 8" what size riser would you recomend for this sled? will I have to change all the cables to longer or just the throttle. also If any one has longer cabels or a riser bar for sale pm me. thanks for the help.

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if I can remember you could by releasing all the ties get about an extra 4 inches .....worth of cable ....other than that new longer cables would be in order ...and now lookin back an absolute must lol

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I have 2" bar risers on my 1998 summit 670x and I need to go higher. I am 5'10" and i am thinking of 7 or 8" what size riser would you recomend for this sled? will I have to change all the cables to longer or just the throttle. also If any one has longer cabels or a riser bar for sale pm me. thanks for the help.

I'm 5'11 and used an 8", I would go 7" next time. Get new cables IMO, the stockers get pretty tight on the turning radius at full scrub at the ends of the bars. Get a new set of bars that are wider as well IMO. I used the Renthal ATV highrise bars. Great for standing riding, but sit down riding is like ape hangers on a chopper...:D But I don't sit down much. If you do, I would compromise and get a 5" or a 4" riser.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I put 2in. risers on my 03 summit and that seemed to be about the limit without changing wires. If you want more you definitely need longer wires and if you have an lots of spare cash (400) I would put the 8 inch adjustable one on. My wife has it on her renegade and its awesome. Lets you easily adjust for mountain riding or trail riding.:beer:

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I did with mine was 8" riser on pivot bar that is 3" wider than the clamp, put new bars on and did some dremel and epoxy work on the Kill/Hi/Low beam and joined them together and put it on the pivot bar, didn't have to extend any wires, just brake and throttle.

Attachments

• DSCF2690.jpg
    DSCF2690.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF2689.jpg
    DSCF2689.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 24
Top Bottom