670 Jets

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Valemount (Chapel Creek and Clemina), my bro in law bought a sweet place in town so let the fun begin! My question is what jets are ideal for this area on a stock 670? Dean, I pulled the rtv out of the carbs it ran fine for the most part but i still get the low end bog. The sled pulls strong, I tandemed my bro up to the top at Chapel for a board run down from Whigley's drop. Could it be valve timing? Also i fouled a new set of plugs so Im thinkin im running rich! the PTO plug actually fouled but the the other was a little wet too. And... it wouldnt idle other than the parking lot. any advice?

Attachments

• IMGP1491.jpg
    IMGP1491.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 98
  • IMGP1505.jpg
    IMGP1505.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 102

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bring it DOWN another size on the Mains and do me a Favour and find out what PILOTS you have in it. Did you change the air screw settings???

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill check the pilots and get jet kit, no it hought about the air screw but decided just to leave it alone for now. Whats your schedule like later this week??

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can MAKE time for YA. Listen did you JET it down before you headed to the HILLS???;)

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, just left in the 390/400 that we put in I think I can jet down even more, and downsize the pilots too. Ill pick a bunch of mains and pilots up which ones should I get to put a jet kick together?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bottom of the page are the high alt specs,
http://www.stboni.com/service.htm

don't know what year sled you're running or if the motor is all stock? but I run a 670 mod as well. Do you have an EGT or Air/Fuel gauge? Real time tuning is hard without one. Koso makes nice ones, works well too.

Probably won't need to change the pilots depending on alt, but might have to drop needle one or 2 clips or change the emulsion tube. If you change elevation a lot and will be changing mains often I would recommend a set of power jets.

Top Bottom