660 aftermarket cdi boxes

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone out there in yammy land who has tried an aftermarket cdi box on there 660 griz? i was lookin at a couple different brands but just wonderin if anyone has had any luck with them. my buddy has a dynatech on his kawasaki and it was night and day. hopin for the same results on mine :confused:

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone out there in yammy land who has tried an aftermarket cdi box on there 660 griz? i was lookin at a couple different brands but just wonderin if anyone has had any luck with them. my buddy has a dynatech on his kawasaki and it was night and day. hopin for the same results on mine :confused:

we run msd, or dragon fire,, best so far for a yamaha....

T

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what do you think is best of those 2 terry.

Ive heard mixed reviews how some guys lost power but gained more rpm's with the rev limiter removed and ended up going back because they didn't care about a few more rpm's.

I've heard people say they gained power alot ..

I just wonder how much performance increase they can really give tbh. i mean a fuel mapper on a EFI motor sounds realistic but how much can a cdi really change on this bike all it can realistically do is change the spark timings as far as i can tell anyways everything else is mechanical.

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All-4-Stroke ... did ya ever get a new CDI box ?? I have a Hauck Power Sports one & I'm very pleased with it.

However, I've heard nothing but good about the Dynatek ones .....

Hope ya have yer Grizz runn'in strong !!! :d

Top Bottom