509 Gear

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the sizing for 509 helmets? Like a fox or troy lee helmet I am a large but fly and shoei I am a medium. I wanna buy one online but dont want to get a safety product that doesnt fit

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they have a head diameter chart, i ordered two, one for me and my wife and they both fit.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would never buy a helmet without first trying it on. Anyone who knows anything about selling helmets wouldn't sell you one without explaining the differences in helmet construction and fitmet as well.

A TLD helmet fits nothing like a Fly or Shoei helmet for a good reason. They are a round/round shape. Most of the riding population is a oval(narrow)/round shape like a Fox, Fly, Shoei and so on. The reason you likely had to go larger with the TLD is because it didn't fit your head properly due to the shape, not the size.

I also wouldn't rely solely on the sizing guide. Just measuring the diameter/circumference of your head doesn't mean the helmet will fit well and be comfortable.

Good idea to not invest into something that doesn't fit properly. If you are trying to save a few bucks by purchasing online, find it to try on first or buy from a place that has a fit guaranty.

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This would be the first time buying a helmet online, so I understand what youre saying. Kinda skeptical but sick of dealers overprice on evvvveeeerrrrryyyytttthhhiiiinnngggg

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This would be the first time buying a helmet online, so I understand what youre saying. Kinda skeptical but sick of dealers overprice on evvvveeeerrrrryyyytttthhhiiiinnngggg

I completely agree. I am gonna go try on 509 helmets in a store then order the right size online unless the prices are comparable. I don't know what dealers are selling them for but i'm sure you can get them cheaper online. Can anyone post the price of a 509 evolution skid lid?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
509 will fit just like the FLY helmets. We have both in store and I have tried on both in XL. They fit and feel identical.

I completely agree. I am gonna go try on 509 helmets in a store then order the right size online unless the prices are comparable. I don't know what dealers are selling them for but i'm sure you can get them cheaper online. Can anyone post the price of a 509 evolution skid lid?

Stop in and see if we have what you want in your size. Don't have the best selection right now but have more on the way. I will give you a smokin deal. :thumbsup2:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
509 will fit just like the FLY helmets. We have both in store and I have tried on both in XL. They fit and feel identical.

Stop in and see if we have what you want in your size. Don't have the best selection right now but have more on the way. I will give you a smokin deal. :thumbsup2:

I will for sure come in and try some on. PM me your name and i will ask for you when i come in. thanks i really appreciate it.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Normally there are smokin' deals at the sled show! Martin's usually has large 509 selections............just saying

I remember when there used to be good deals at the show but not so much any more. From what i have seen, prices are pretty darn close to regular season prices.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At last yrs show I got my 509 helmet and goggles for $300.....can't remember what regular price was.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
509 evolution matt black with the new "509 We are Snowmobilers" DVD $225 shipped to my door. they are $180 on there site, not sure what the shipping would be. they offer $25 off if you order goggles with the helmet.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember when there used to be good deals at the show but not so much any more. From what i have seen, prices are pretty darn close to regular season prices.

I agree ......... I bought a new 509 last year from dealer in December and buddy bought his a the show and paid 30.00 more. I think because of show hype they get retail prices.

goldenboys

Reaction score
Bought the Evolution helmet and aviators last year! WOW could never imagine owning another helmet/goggle combo. Think the helmet was $120 ! Cheap and the goggles 120$ too! Mid priced but replacement goggles were only 20$!! Yes i needed some after trying to defrost my lens on my exhaust eheh. Few seconds tooo long tooo close.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow $120 for the helmet?? where at, i will buy 2 at that price!!!

Top Bottom