4WD wiring problems

Polaris500Sportsman

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Sportsman 500 EFI, i went to plow today and noticed the 4WD symbol was not showing up on speedo, switch was in AWD looked underneath at the differential and the wires going into the diff hade been tangled up in front axle and had cut themselves off at the diff. Any suggestions on what to do or has anyone had this happen before

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats gotta be a first. If you're handy with a soldering iron and epoxy it will be a lot cheaper than a dealer fix. Not sure about the quads but on the RZR I can get the side cover off without removing the diff, that will give you access to the bottom end of the wiring.

brianwmcdonald

Reaction score
Same thing happened to my father inlaws '04, took it to the dealer, cost about an hour labour to have it fixed. Guess they said it happens quite often.

Polaris500Sportsman

Reaction score
thanks for the replies, hopefully Onlypolaris will chime in since he works at my closest dealer to see what it costs roughly.

Polaris500Sportsman

Reaction score
theres about 1" of one wire sticking out and about half inch or so of the other one. I wonder what just the cover costs for the front diff???

Top Bottom