450 Kodak

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got in to some water the other day shut it off before it stalled drained oil and all the the other components put in a new plug drained carb and tank go to start it and it has a hard time starting then it won't idle high enough like its starving for fuel any ideas.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take the carb apart and clean it. Probably got some fine dirt up into the breather vents. Blow out the vents hoses!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any one that could clean a carb for me I have to go out of town to work and won't be back till 2 days before we are going riding I have never dealt with a carb before.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would show you how but im about an hour out of town unless u wana take a drive out here on sun/mon......Will cost you a bottle of silver captains tho

Even currently have a 03 Kodiak 450 in my garage now that's getting work done

WinchBreaker

Reaction score
Another thing it could be is that the spark plug boot is wet. This happens quite often on my 660 grizzly. Pull the spark plug wire out of the plug hole, dry it off. Then use a blue towel or small rag to wipe the inside of the spark plug hole dry. If you see any moisture on the towel that could be the issue.

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry been busy at work my son took it apart he didn't know what he was doing but got it cleaned and put back on new plug and he says it runs good now
thanks for the info

Top Bottom