27" tires for 500 rubicon '08

junirz

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is any downfalls to putting on a set of 27" tires on my Honda Rubicon.
Heard some stories about trans. problems due to hight throws shifting off a bit.
I've got a set of 26 ITP on 12" rims but want a little more tire.

brianwmcdonald

Reaction score
you will have a huge power loss, I would suggest a mudbuster cam, or clutch kit, and go with 27" Zillas and you will be in good shape, they're not too aggressive so bearings should be ok. I run Mudzillas (much more aggressive and heavier) and my bearings last for about 12-1300km.

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you will have a huge power loss, I would suggest a mudbuster cam, or clutch kit, and go with 27" Zillas and you will be in good shape, they're not too aggressive so bearings should be ok. I run Mudzillas (much more aggressive and heavier) and my bearings last for about 12-1300km.

Do 26" Mudbugs cause any unnecessary bearing issues? I'm of the opinion they don't, but I'm not in the know.

putang59

Reaction score
I had 27" mudbugs on my 06 rubicon. CLUCH KIT, PIPE, JETTED, 3 INCH LIFT, snorkeled. I did not like it. the power was ok in low but for any trail riding I found that in high it was under powered and low was not fast enough. Tough position. The bike was bulletproof and sounded like a shotgun with an HMF pipe. Tapped out of upgrades and still unhappy I upgraded to the big bore 850 with independent rear end, and disk brakes all around. This is a big step for a honda man, but they really are behind the rest of the market. :nono:

Top Bottom