2018 - why pick the freeride?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
freeride is same as summit, except for small rail bracing and shocks, that is 25 pounds, piggy backs weight a lot, it comes in one color as a spring only order only, and you can get shot on any summit and summit freeride.

well, that does it.... I'm not buying one then... I don't want to get shot on a new summit ;) .... Lol

just bringing a little lite into the subject

Jsymes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Freeride is same as summit, except for small rail bracing and shocks, that is 25 pounds, piggy backs weight a lot, it comes in one color as a spring only order only, and you can get shot on any summit and summit freeride.

The running boards are not wider? Or thicker as they were in the past on the 154. Only difference from summit is the piggy back and rail brace on the 154? What about the freeride drop down brackets. Trying to make my decision on a summit or freeride

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
The running boards are not wider? Or thicker as they were in the past on the 154. Only difference from summit is the piggy back and rail brace on the 154? What about the freeride drop down brackets. Trying to make my decision on a summit or freeride

Nope, they don't need to be with the better x running boards, the 137 146 get the bigger wider rs boards that don't shed snow as good , basically they have made the shorter tracks for people who want those on/off trail, ditch banging and some pow blasting and the longer tracks for the mountains.

Limbo

Reaction score
Any idea how much of the 24lb weight difference from the summit is the shocks? That seems high but the other differences shouldn't add up to much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Norona when you say you can get "shot" on any summit or freeride what does this mean?

1) its equipped so that I can purchase shot as an extra $600 to add to my starter package

2) The "shot" starter system is included as a spring buy promotion where I do not need spend any more money

The ski-doo promotions have been confusing...Thx

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Norona when you say you can get "shot" on any summit or freeride what does this mean?

1) its equipped so that I can purchase shot as an extra $600 to add to my starter package

2) The "shot" starter system is included as a spring buy promotion where I do not need spend any more money

The ski-doo promotions have been confusing...Thx
Maybe I can help teamdirt? Basically the SHOT is only available factory installed on 850 Summit and Freerides only on the spring promotion. You can buy a Summit model persay at the base price with a manual starter. Then for $500 more you can buy that Summit model with factory installed estart. If you want the SHOT equipped Summit it will cost you another $250 more than the electric start model or $750 more than the manual start base model. From there you have your choice once you have chosen your model to pick your choice from the spring program which is 4 year warranty, 3 year warranty and a $250 rebate,the 0% finance offer or your last choice which is $750 free PAC. The 4 year warranty is the best value of all the offers if you can use that many years of warranty. Hope that helps?

Jsymes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any idea how much of the 24lb weight difference from the summit is the shocks? That seems high but the other differences shouldn't add up to much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Assuming that this would be in a 38 inch width model. the rail brace, shocks, DS2 ski, 2.5" track and extra width in a arms must add up to 24lbs. Because the freeride and summit in a 154 3" are identical minus the shocks and rail brace from what I can find so I'd hope they're not 20 pound shocks.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe I can help teamdirt? Basically the SHOT is only available factory installed on 850 Summit and Freerides only on the spring promotion. You can buy a Summit model persay at the base price with a manual starter. Then for $500 more you can buy that Summit model with factory installed estart. If you want the SHOT equipped Summit it will cost you another $250 more than the electric start model or $750 more than the manual start base model. From there you have your choice once you have chosen your model to pick your choice from the spring program which is 4 year warranty, 3 year warranty and a $250 rebate,the 0% finance offer or your last choice which is $750 free PAC. The 4 year warranty is the best value of all the offers if you can use that many years of warranty. Hope that helps?

Ok- so what im getting is if I spring buy a Freeride with manual start I would still need to pay $750 inorder to activate the shot system?

Can you put shot on a 2017 Summit?
Thx

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok- so what im getting is if I spring buy a Freeride with manual start I would still need to pay $750 inorder to activate the shot system?

Can you put shot on a 2017 Summit?
Thx
Yes you would have to pay that. It would be possible to put the system on a 2017 but not cost effective. I believe I saw a number like $2500 somewhere as you would need a new magneto, a new ECU and the ultra capacitor and all related harnesses.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes you would have to pay that. It would be possible to put the system on a 2017 but not cost effective. I believe I saw a number like $2500 somewhere as you would need a new magneto, a new ECU and the ultra capacitor and all related harnesses.

Thx for the response. I was a bit confused but didn't want to back read hundred's of useless posts by guys that don't own ski doos and are not planning on buying one.

Jsymes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx for the response. I was a bit confused but didn't want to back read hundred's of useless posts by guys that don't own ski doos and are not planning on buying one.

They are not selling the shot for 2017 models it will be strictly an option for spring check summit and freeride because of the cost and modifications needed to put it on a 17. If you watch the Q&A with the BRP reps it answers most of these Questions. I believe you can find it on there Facebook page

Top Bottom