2018 rmk's

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id guess minor refinements, however i would like to see better shocks. A better sealing and latching glovebox would be nice, the 16 and 17 is pretty flimsy. Properly clipped tracks to prevent wear like many of us have seen.

Maybe we will see a driver pitch change to 3 or 3.5 to shed some weight and rotating mass. I know a lot of guys will say/want a bigger bore engine or factory boost however i don't think we will see that. Tough to say though, we could all get a nice surprise.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard that they do have a new mid-800 size motor but early testing has not had great results. Hope they get all the bugs out prior to releasing.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5 year warranty with big power
please
��

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just asking, what is the life expectancy on the new Polaris with a turbo. I'm hearing a lot of mixed thought's some say they last longer with boost? Any thoughts and experiences?

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to what 2 dealers that I have talked to have said, they are lasting longer on boost. Reason being is 1- the engine is not held at wide open throttle nearly as long. 2-The increased cylinder pressure is keeping the pistons from rocking in the bore, lessening the chance of a piston skirt cracking. From the last 2 teardowns of my boosted Pro, I gotta agree.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is what hearing also.
what kind of life we are talking about?
what the magic number on average for top and the bottom.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to what 2 dealers that I have talked to have said, they are lasting longer on boost. Reason being is 1- the engine is not held at wide open throttle nearly as long. 2-The increased cylinder pressure is keeping the pistons from rocking in the bore, lessening the chance of a piston skirt cracking. From the last 2 teardowns of my boosted Pro, I gotta agree.
Plus with boost they don't run lean in the mid for emissions

sent while drinking tea's

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put about 1200 miles on mine last year. I did have some scoring on one piston but this was due to a spark plug coming loose. I have since learned that this is something to watch for with boosted Pro's. Stock reeds are pretty much done after about 1000 miles on boost. Its a case reed induction engine so its only a matter of a few more bolts to change out the pistons and I feel this is cheap insurance compared to a possible breakdown on the backside of a mountain which may require a chopper to get it out. Cant comment on the crank life expectancy but I haven't noticed any issues yet.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They certainly have one in my opinion. I am at 1500 miles and it feels as strong as my wifes which has 300.
one of Mac's customers put on 7000k last year with no issues other than a couple of bent a arm's motor was still strong although this person switched to the latest and greatest and has had issues with chassis failure's that are more serious.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard that they do have a new mid-800 size motor but early testing has not had great results. Hope they get all the bugs out prior to releasing.
I totally agree with that statement. Cat has delayed there new engine that people where hyped to see next year. I am sure Doo's 850 has had many year's of testing compared to anything Polaris is working on.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I predict in 2018 there is no 2018 Pro Ride. Sure minor oversight on what section this is posted in maybe but its an Axys now.

What are the motor issues the HO has been having? I would have thought if there were problems there would be a larger number of issues pop up at this point has many HO's gain more mileage vs last winter but over all, much better than the previous liberty clean fire.

I have already mentioned this somewhere, but one way Polaris could rid themselves of potential A Arm failures is to go to a narrow stance option. Offer a 36"-38" package with shorter, thicker A Arms. The aftermarket is still busy with 36" kits for the Axys, why not offer it direct from the manufacture. The shorter thicker arms would not add any additional weight and potentially gain back some reliability by reducing bent arms. Will we see that for 2018? I do not believe the Axys needs to get narrower but there are still lots of guys who do it.

The new motor will likely come and it will have problems. Doo yourselves a favor and stay away from it. Don't be a guinea pig for manufacturers who rely on consumer testing. lol

Top Bottom